Baseball games
Last year, we went to several Ranger games and really enjoyed that family activity. By the time the end of last season rolled around, the kids were starting to understand some of the baseball rules and concepts. I could not WAIT for this season to start, and that is officially the first time IN MY LIFE I have ever been looking forward to the start of baseball season. :)
We have had some fun/crazy times this year at the Ranger games, and I really want to remember these stories!!

For my birthday, we went on a tour of the Ballpark. It was great- we all really enjoyed seeing everything. The kids really enjoyed seeing the dugout and the inside batting practice facility.
Well, after the perfect game experience last time with Peepaw and GG, we should have known something would go wrong this time. It was a Sunday afternoon game, so that meant the kids would run the bases on the field at the end of the game. It was SO HOT, but the one good thing was the seats were in the shade. The game, however, WENT ON FOREVER. And, we had to stay so the kids could run the bases. Lemon chills were definitely involved, and maybe a margarita, too. It was just brutal- hot and a long, boring game. I'm not sure if GG will ever attend another Ranger game after that experience....

We showed support for the other local team and went to a Fort Worth Cats game this year. Those were fun!!! And cheap :) I think we will do that again for sure.
I was so excited about this game!! Walker, Lucy and I went to a game and met a friend of mine and her daughter. I met this friend through blogging, but we do know a lot of the same people, but we had never met before. She is super sweet, loves sports like I do, and is crazy talented. I can't wait until I can post about her new website (hint, hint Leanne)- she makes the cutest stuff for girls!! This game was really fun- despite the first 5 minutes. While waiting for my friend to run back to the car to get another pair of shoes (her daughters' flip flops had randomly broken!), Walker got STUNG BY A BEE!!! So weird!! I know it's not a huge deal, but I have never been stung, so this is a very new experience for me and I hated that my little guy had to go through it. He was so tough, and did great. They got the stinger out and he even got a goody bag, so he was FINE! Lucy said she wanted to get stung by a bee next time we went...
Friday night fireworks family game
On Fridays, they have fireworks after the game is over. We knew it was going to be a late night, but they were playing Boston and we were excited. The game was SOOO awesome, they came back and won and it was just incredible- but it went to 11 innings and then we had to wait for the fireworks.

Lucy lost the battle about the 10th inning- she slept through the end of the game and half of the fireworks!
I got 2 free tickets for voting for the Rangers in the All-Star game, but we could only use them on certain dates. Jason was working a lot that week, so Jojo came with us! And it was dollar hot dog night- yeah!!! We had a lot of fun, even with our 10 minute search for the Lemon Chill lady- those have really turned into a Ranger game staple.
This was so cool!! This was another Friday firework game, but we left right before the game was over and watched the fireworks from our car- perfect!!! That was the way to do it- we got right out of there after the fireworks were over, and weren't out super late. We also found this little store at the ballpark that sells old uniforms, and what did we find??!!! A Ballard jersey!!!! AWESOME!

We have had some fun/crazy times this year at the Ranger games, and I really want to remember these stories!!
First game of the year:
We went with Peepaw and GG, and it was basically the prefect game experience. The weather was nice, the game was quick and efficient, and Lemon Chills were involved. Awesome!
We went with Peepaw and GG, and it was basically the prefect game experience. The weather was nice, the game was quick and efficient, and Lemon Chills were involved. Awesome!
For my birthday, we went on a tour of the Ballpark. It was great- we all really enjoyed seeing everything. The kids really enjoyed seeing the dugout and the inside batting practice facility.
On Fridays, they have fireworks after the game is over. We knew it was going to be a late night, but they were playing Boston and we were excited. The game was SOOO awesome, they came back and won and it was just incredible- but it went to 11 innings and then we had to wait for the fireworks.
Comments