There are lots of fun things about living "out" here and having more than an acre of land to explore. We have roadrunners, roosters, chickens, lizards (apparently!), bonfires, and lots of fun.
The kids were so intrigued. They have really developed a love for animals and outdoors A close up of our friend
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Comments
Anonymous said…
this was the WIERDEST thing ever. I'm glad I found our little nameless friend. Even though when you asked him to be your pet, he ran off. HAHA.
Wow! I haven't visited your blog in a while and I've been missing out...recipes, books and critters. That's good stuff! I'm impressed by all the books you read, and I bet you actually finish them too. Hmmm...that's an idea...actually FINISH a book. Despite being a teacher and having parents for teachers I never had a love of reading. I hope Avery does. Your kids looked adorable on Easter!
Sydney, my sister, helped me with the header. We did it on her computer because she has Photoshop cs3. It was my husband's suggestion to do a bunch of little pictures instead of just 2 or 3. So, I had NOT HARDLY anything to do with it at all!!! Thanks honey and Jojo!!
Thank you for all of your sweet words of encouragement-I love reading your comments!! :) I also love all of the pictures you have at the top of your blog-your kids are just the cutest ever!! I know you are having a blast with them and you are such a great mom!!
Jason was off Saturday, and I was really looking forward to a family weekend. He usually works Saturdays, but when he is off and we get 2 days in a row all together, we are so happy!! Friday night he called on his way home from work, and told the kids to get dressed in their cowboy boots, we were going somewhere. The kids got so excited, and ran to their rooms. Lucy got some new cowgirl boots for Christmas (2 pairs, actually), and has been wearing them alot!! They got all dressed up in their cowboy stuff and we waited for Daddy to get home. He took us to Trail Dust Steakhouse in Arlington, and he invited my sisters, too. It was so fun!! I hadn't been there since my 16th birthday party, and the kids had a blast; sliding down the slide, dancing on the dance floor and eating yummy steak. It was such a fun night!!! If you wear a tie, they cut it off and put it on their wall!! He wore an old tie on purpose The weekend just kept getting better!! Yesterday, Jason and I had a great date ni...
This week Walker and Lucy are off from ARK School. They are actually NOT excited, they love school!! Caitlin is home this week, too, though so that is fun. We had a great weekend to end my break and kick off the kids. Saturday , we drove to a drive-in theater in Granbury. Colleen (my friend and Walker's teacher) told us about this drive-in and it was showing Horton Hears a Who!, so we decided to check it out. I am so glad there is still one around. Drive-ins are just one of those things I have great memories of and want to do with my kids. At the drive-in, with a good spot. Being comfy in our jim jammers!! Enjoying our picnic dinner. Fruit skewers, pb&j roll-ups, and cheetos!! Sunday , we had a great family lunch at mom's, then it was off to the TCU Easter Egg Hunt. The kids looked so cute, and had fun hunting eggs. However, they could not be persuaded to take pictures with the Easter Bunny or Super Frog. Oh, well. Lucy, looking around for some eggs Showing off his loot! My...
Comments
Love you!!
-peapod.
I love the second pic, with the kids looking at the lizard. Crazy! I can't believe that thing was in your backyard!
Blessings, friend! :)