SCHOOL!!!

Walker has been so excited about his first day of kindergarten. He lost 2 teeth last month, and turned 6 a few weeks ago, and it seemed starting kindergarten was the final piece to his big boy puzzle. There has been nothing but excitement on the subject of kindergarten- no fear or anxiety, and I am so thankful for that!! I wasn't sure if I would get emotional, because we have all been so excited. It's just been such a happy subject, and I have felt no sadness at all.
Heading out the door, first day of school 8/23/2010
Sitting at his tableThe drop-off went great the first day. We were a little behind schedule. Lucy was very sick, with strep and pink eye, over the weekend so she could not go to her first day of Pre-K. I had to drop her off with my mom before taking Walker to school, so we were more rushed than I had hoped to be. He was very excited and sat down- I gave him and hug and off I went!! At about 10 am, sitting in my own classroom of Pre-Kers, I got this longing feeling. He was too far away! I had no idea what he was doing right then, I had just dropped him off at this "place"- it was just weird not knowing. He informed me at pick-up, "It was fun and I loved it!" So, overall, and very positive experience for the first week of kindergarten!

Second day of school, putting up his backpack
Not to be outdone, she finally got to start Pre-K on Wednesday. Poor thing! She was so flexible and great on Monday and Tuesday. She was definitely sad that she couldn't go to school, but she made the best of the situation and still had fun with her Gran on Monday and GG on Tuesday!Big Pre-K girl!
She has Walker's teachers from last year and is so thrilled :)I knew we had big growth spurts this year, and that both of the kids were more tall/lean than babyish/cute, but these pictures really show it! This is last August, at the zoo.
The shoes and shorts Lucy is wearing in that picture didn't even fit at the beginning of this spring/summer! She is 45 1/2 in and Walker is right at 48 in.
They both have the longest legs- I love it!
One thing I am really enjoying so far about this year is Mama/Lucy time. We both get done at 1, and then have some time together before we pick up big boy at 3:30. One day she mentioned wanting to feed the ducks, so Friday after our school was over we went to the park and she got to feed ducks and pidgeons. I think I will have a harder time when I drop her off next year for kindergarten. She had a sleepover a few weeks ago, and I was missing her something fierce! I didn't know I would miss her that much- but then I started thinking about it. She is really my little shadow, and I didn't realize how much I am used to having her beside me until she was gone that night.
Hope everyone had a great first week!

Comments

Elizabeth said…
So cute, Kristen! I cannot believe how much they have grown in a year! That before pic is unbelievable....they look like babies compared to now. Crazy how that happens. I hope Walker loves kindergarten and has a great year in "big" school.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??