Kindergarten, here I come...

Well, I officially have a kindergartener! Walker graduated from Pre-K on June 4. He is so excited and so READY for kindergarten! I didn't think I would be this excited, either. I'm so excited for this next chapter in my son's life. Part of that excitement is because I found a school I love!! That was a big struggle this year. Private schools have gotten ridiculously expensive around here, but I wanted to find a place where we weren't just one of who-knows-how-many kindergarteners. We got in a small school with a great casual, family atmosphere and an emphasis on fine arts. I am just thrilled and Walker is excited to "learn about music and drawing better"!

Pre-K graduation is a BIG deal at our preschool. Mainly because the other pre-k teacher is uber crafty and has a million great ideas on how to make it grand! I am the other pre-k teacher, so it was interesting to be a teacher, planning and practicing, but also a mom with a son in Pre-K! It was quite a day!!

Aren't these frames precious? And the little graduates?! We got to take these home with us. In case you can't read the frame, it says, "When I grow up, I want to be a hospital worker, or doctor, so I can help children and grown-ups."
His class did an acrostic poem that spelled out Red, White and Blue
(our graduation theme was patriotic).
Walker had W: "W is for George Washington, the father of our country."
Then they sang, "You're a Grand 'Ole Preschool" to the tune of "You're a Grand 'Ole Flag"
Graduating!!
Both classes came together to sing, "I've been going to my preschool"
to the tune of "I've been working on the railroad"
With Ella and Isaac, my best friends' twins. They will all be in kindergarten together next year!!!
So proud of my big boy :)
Who-hoo!! I love when I can get a family picI get to do it all over again next year, with Miss Lucy!! She can't wait :)

Comments

Elizabeth said…
Happy Graduation, Walker! He will have so much fun in Kindergarten. Sounds like a very cool school. I love the family picture, Kristen!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??