Just for you, GG

Boy this whole blog thing sure was short lived- just a short 2 years later and what a terrible blogger I am now! I know no one is reading this anymore, but my stepmom Grace, or GG, has been begging me to put snow pictures on the blog- 10 inches, people!! It was so crazy. I told the hubby, "I have seen this much snow before, but it is weird seeing it outside my house window!!" It was crazy and fun and wet, but we took advantage of it and had a blast. We (tried) made a snowman, ate snow and made snow ice cream and just had fun. They loved jumping on the snow trampoline, which was sagging so much from all the snow. It was a crazy 2 days- we loved it!

Thursday afternoon- left school a little early, already snowing
How happy is he???!

He is winking and giving a thumbs-up. Lucy has a mouthful of snow. Yes, they are wearing pajamas. We had jim jammer day at school. You can still see our driveway- that will all change in a few hours.
They ate snow constantly. Walker is not bothered at all by eating cold things- he always bites his popsicles and eats ice cream so fast!
We went in to get better clothes on, and you can already tell how much more snow we got a few hours after the first pictures were taken. Our attempt at a snowman. Weak!
They are on the driveway, it's completely covered now. This is still Thursday afternoon.
Snow fight with Peepaw
Lucy's boots are almost all covered- we did not know what to think of all this!
Daisy was in HEAVEN!!! She loved jumping around in it.
Thursday afternoon
Saturday morning- seriously!!
You can't even see the bushed by our porch steps.
Of course, you can't even tell we have porch steps, either.
All our beautiful trees, covered in snow.

Making snow ice cream:
Get a big bowl full of clean snow
Sugar, milk and vanilla in a second large bowl
Add snow to the vanilla mixture and stir
It will be very slushy-like. Enjoy!!!

Comments

Leanne said…
I still check your blog... I know one day you'll be back :)
Caitlin said…
I like Walker's scarf...haha.

That snowman is way better than the one Sydney and I made. Ours didn't even have a face because we didn't have anything to make it with.

Daisy is hilarious in those pictures. Our dogs are total wimps and wouldn't even go outside while it was snowing!
Anonymous said…
I still read. Snow Ice Cream....yum! You always do the most creative things with your kids. I love the picture of the trees....so beautiful!
Anonymous said…
how great was that...Love the trees so beautiful..

Colleen
Deborah said…
No one reads your blog?? I still check several times a week to see what wonderful new and fun thing you are doing with your kids!

We had a ball in the snow too, but I think you already saw my pictures.

Keep blogging, sister--you're great at it!!
Rachel Kerbel said…
how did you know how to make that snow ice cream-looks sooooo good!!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!