I want to renember this...

I am so envious of people that started their blogs when their kids were babies. They have pictures and little stories written down, and will always have those memories. I started this blog when Walker was 3 and Lucy was 2, and I am so glad I did because I have so many special moments that will be (eventually) in our blog books. I do not have a lot of pics or a good memory of when my kids were babies. Lucy was born when Walker was 14 months old, and that first year is pretty much a blur! There are hardly any pictures of Lucy's first 3-4 months, then when things settled down a little bit, I have more. I wish I would have had a blog then- I know I wouldn't have been able to keep up with it regularly, but it still would be nice to have anything from that crazy time in our lives!!
By the way, I completely condone having your kids close together. It was crazy hard when Lucy was born, but now- it's SO easy!! They keep each other occupied and are best of friends. I seriously tell anyone who will listen and hasn't started their family yet to have them as close together as they are comfortable. Ok- stepping down from soap box- I have been writing down things my kids say frequently that I know I will want to remember. I seriously have a Note in my iPhone that has all their quirky sayings and mis-pronounced words!! Lucy is more of a culprit than Walker, because she LOVES to use big words. She is the biggest sponge of a kid I have ever been around. She just soaks it ALL IN. Then, I hear her talking and she is using all these funny, big words- not in the right context- and I just laugh! She wants to be a "high school" big girl so bad!! Oh, just wait, honey :)

Here are some funnies my kiddos like to say:
Skabetti-Spaghetti
Renember-Remember (hence the blog title!)
Nunna-None of (ex: Daddy has nunna hair!)
By my own-By myself
Uncle David Star-Star of David (yes, we have an Uncle David. This happened as an accident the first time, but Jason and I laughed so hard at it, Walker calls it that every time now.)
Up in God- this is when they are talking about someone being in heaven, that person is "up in God". Walker says this about the time before he was in my tummy- he was "up in God" before he was with us.

Lucy words: These are big words she has picked up and uses frequently
- nemesis
- complicated (her fav right now)
- familiar
- precisely

Some favorite Lucy phrases:
- Aww, prospect (when she doesn't want to do something or doesn't like my answer)
- That's inapropriate (if someone does something wrong)

I LOVE having big kids and REALLY miss my babies. It's complicated...

Comments

Sydney said…
Lucy says Nemesis??? Oh my goodness that is the best thing ever!! :)
Deborah said…
I would SO love to hear her use "nemesis" in a sentence! That is hysterical.
Elizabeth said…
I love the cute Lucy words!!!

I think it is funny how our minds "read" words so quickly because I didn't even notice that your blog post title said "renember"...I read "remember."
Anonymous said…
I teared up at the "Up in God" comment. I just think it is so precious to hear how children view God and Heaven. You are obviously doing a great job as a Christian mother.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!