Goodbye, 2009!!!

I was thinking of doing a 2009 post, and I thought I should post my fav picture from each month of 2009 as a way to recap and remember. Well, I started going through my photos and there is NO WAY to choose just one!!! So, I will have to break this up into a few posts, I suppose, because I can't pick just one per month. We did so much this past year!! A few things stick out in my mind after looking through the pictures are:
- Baseball!! We got way into the Rangers and Walker played fall ball this year. Can't wait for Rangers 2010 :)
- Swimming. The kids learned how to swim and we swam A LOT. It was so great to see them swim on their own. Lucy is still talking about being on a swim team.
- The beach. We went with Peepaw and GG to the beach for the kids first beach trip. They really have not stopped talking about the beach and remind Peepaw and GG often about going back this summer. I can't wait to see how they get around that one!!!!!

JANUARY/FEBRUARY
*I didn't take alot of pictures during January '09, Christmas kindof burned me out. I like this one because it shows a few things. Walker dressing up in costume (he had asked for that Cowboy uniform for Christmas and then we discovered they are REALLY hard to find. Jason and my dad were both hunting for a while), and Lucy in a summer dress because, by January, she was SO tired of her winter clothes and would shed them and change into summer clothes as soon as we got home. Also, them playing together: Lucy is a cheerleader (and, yes, she is on the coffee table) and Walker is Tony Romo.MARCH
Lucy writing her name for the first time!! She was very proud of herself- and she was pretty much self-taught. I had taught her how to do an L, and then she figured the rest out for herself by watching her bubba. I like this one because of their cute/silly poses and their Dublin shirts. Jason took of the week of Spring Break and we did a few day trips. This day was Glen Rose for the Dinosaur World, but it was over pretty fast and we still had all day. Jason did "OnStar" in his car and asked for directions to Dublin- it was a great day! We used to take my sisters to Dublin when they were younger, so it is great to now take our kids there. APRIL
They are looking cute in this picture, but it's mainly because of the "signs". They had gotten into the college football signs back in the fall, and then they got into the sign language alphabet. Lucy is doing "I love you" and Walker is doing an "L" for Lucy and a "W" for Walker. Walker started drawing pictures and wanting to put them up on the wall. He covered his wall in his room, and then started making some for us and putting them on our walls. He even decorated Daisy's area!! MAY
The beach trip!!!!!! These are some of my fav pics from that trip- there were SO many good pictures from that trip. That is when I realized how much better my camera works outside. This picture is at our porch, looking out at the water. I never get many pictures of Jason, I really like this one.Walker would have stayed in the waves ALL DAY. We had to drag him out after 2 hours. He had gone through all the adults and everybody else was exhausted from being out in the waves with him. He loved it!!
Lucy, on the other hand, loved being in the sand. She would just plop down and play and dig. She would also walk along looking for shells and all kinds of things. She didn't actually get in the water much.
Part 2 coming soon!

Comments

Deborah said…
I love this idea! Your pictures and recap are great. Can't wait to see more!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!