Goodbye 2009! (Part 2)

Part 2:
Summer!! Our theme for the summer was swimming, movies, and baseball. We went to a weekly movie in Southlake and swam every chance we got. Of course, summer means our annual Kerbel visit to College Station. We also had our first "just us" family vacation to Great Wolf Lodge

JUNE
Swimming lessons. My kids have never had a fear of the water, but I still didn't know what to expect for swimming lessons. I was blown away!! They both took to it right away and had a blast- it was really cool to see your kids get such confidence and master something like that.
This is Lucy's first time jumping off the diving board without any floaties.

This was part of their "test" at the end of the lesson. They swam across the deep end of the pool by themselves. She said Walker and Lucy had completed Level 2 after the two week course.They LOVED the diving board- and I love my camera getting cool shots like that :)
JULY
4th of July!! Poppa has a serious affection for fireworks and since we live outside the city limits, 4th of July now means coming to the Ballards for some serious firework fun. I LOVE this picture because it shows the fireworks master at work- the sparklers are just the beginning, folks.
You have NO idea....

July is usually when we go to the Kerbels. The kids had so much fun this year and I LOVE getting to catch up with one of my besties from high school. I really loved the evening that Rachel's husband took the boys to church and we stayed at home with the girls. Without those wild boys around, the girls got have a girly evening to themselves doing whatever THEY wanted to do. It was absolutely precious watching them walk around and hearing their conversations. Fun with face paint crayons
(The Houston Children's Museum is the coolest museum I have ever been to)At the end of July, we took our first "just us" vacation to Great Wolf Lodge. It wasn't that far away, but we stayed there for 4 days and really had a great time. They are at such a fun age, and we just soaked it up.
AUGUST
My big boy turned 5!!!
August is always crazy with a teacher mom starting her job and kiddos starting preschool, and we both started new schools this year. His birthday weekend was full of family meals and lots of cake. He gets to choose what he wants to eat at all the family dinners and what kind of cake. He got to have his first birthday party and he chose the zoo. It was a great party and I would definitely recommend it.
SEPTEMBER
Lucy decided she wanted to cut her hair off. She said she wanted to be like her friend Ella. Here is Lucy and Ella the day after Lucy cut her hair.
Lucy, Jojo and I went to a Ranger game, just us girls. We had the best seats we have ever sat in all season, and Lucy is still talking about it. It was fun to do something just us. Walker and Lucy love being together so much, we don't ever have to separate them, but it is fun to enjoy them on their own every once in a while.
Our last Ranger game of the season. It was a heartbreaker of a game, but I really enjoyed all the games we got to go to.

Comments

Sydney said…
Ranger games were so fun! Can't wait for the 2010 season! :)
Deborah said…
That picture of Lucy at the Ranger game with her little "pose" is so cute. She reminds me of my niece, Ashlyn. I have a feeling they could be buddies.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??