Christmas in the Stockyards

For the past 3 years, the kids and I have gone to Christmas in the Stockyards. I originally found it on accident, but we had a great time and as the kids have gotten older, they enjoy it more and more. We had a busy Saturday, but we had to squeeze the Stockyards in, because it's the only day they do it every year!!! We had gymnastics in the morning, and then company coming that evening, so I had to get the sides done and meat in the oven before we could leave for the Stockyards. We got there a little later than usual and didn't get to do everything we normally enjoy. Note for next year: DON'T plan anything on the first Saturday in December so you can actually SEE Cowboy Santa!! The kids were fine with what we got to do, but I was a little bummed.

Riding the ponies
In the petting zoo. They caught these little kids (baby goats)- they were so proud of themselves!
Here are some pics from our first year at Christmas in the Stockyards, in 2007:

The next day, we went back to the Stockyards for lunch with the fam. After lunch, we took the kids pics in hopes of getting the Christmas card finished. Here are a few we took:

Comments

Deborah said…
Okay, those last three "Christmas Card Pictures" are absolutely adorable! I hope you find a way to use all of them!

Loving the updates...
Leanne said…
WHAT!?! You saw us walking down the street and there was no shout, honk, yell... nothing? You're lucky I didn't see you walking because I would have made poor E stop so I could get out and say "hi". Wasn't it so much fun... I love the events that the Stockyards put on. Easter there is a great one too!

P.S. Are you ready for some Cowboy vs. Charger football this Sunday?? My dad is flying in to go to the game with us. SO excited!
Leanne said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leanne said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maggie said…
ps- will you give your broc cheese soup recepie
Elizabeth said…
Your kids are so cute! I love the ones of them catching their "kids"...too fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!