Halloween '09

We love Halloween!! I was thinking about this last night, though and I can't believe our house will be decorated for Christmas in about 3 weeks. We always decorate the week of Thanksgiving while Jason is off. Back to Halloween- the kiddos are older and definitely know what is going on and they were excited to get to the trick-or-treating!! We don't have an area that we trick-or-treat at, we have always just driven from grandparent to grandparent to show off their costumes and get candy from them. I was a little sad last night thinking, I wonder how much longer this will last? Pretty soon, they are going to want to go "real" trick-or-treating in their friends' neighborhoods or something, and the whole evening won't be going from Peepaw's to Nana's to Gran's. They really are getting to be big kids, and it's hard sometimes to see them go from babies/toddlers to real kids.

First, we had baseball! A double header, actually. Since so many games have been rained out, they are putting them wherever they can on the schedule, so we had 2 yesterday at Blue Raider- where my sisters used to play!! That was kindof neat.
Lucy was the Halloween mascot

Some action shots of Walker. He is getting the hang of this baseball thing a little bit more. He's not sure what to do 100% of the time, but he enjoys it and is learning, so we are happy.
Getting ready to runrunning down the ballbatting
Then it was home for a quick lunch and rest time before our big evening!! When Jason got home from work, the kids got dressed. My sister, Caitlin, sewed Lucy's Rosetta costume. Rosetta is a flower fairy and a friend of Tinkerbell's. For some reason, Lucy immediately took to Rosetta after we watched the Tinkerbell movie last year (maybe because her outfit is pink???) and decided that is what she wanted to be. Caitlin said she wanted to try to make it for her- I love that!! We got the wings at the Disney store, but Caitlin made the skirt and top. It was a little chilly, so she wore a sweater, too.
Woody and Rosetta- this is the first year they haven't gone as something that is a pair. They totally chose their costumes, with no help or "encouragement" from mom or dad.
Trick or treating is AWESOME!

Comments

Leanne said…
Rosetta is my favorite fairy too... Savannah is more of a Silver Mist girl.
Sydney said…
So cute!! They looked adorable. I'm sad I didn't get to see them, but good pictures! I love how walker sticks his bobo out when he bats! Precious!! Love yall!
Anonymous said…
I love Rosetta...Got so mad at Disney that she was off and we were unable to meet her..They both looked so cute..

Colleen
Deborah said…
I love their costumes!

I have a feeling you'll always have to go to the grandparents houses for trick-or-treating. They'll learn really quickly that no other houses will give them as much candy as their grandparents will!

What I wouldn't give for my kids to trick-or-treat at their grandparents houses!!
jennifer said…
What a fun Halloween! I love the pics of Lucy in the outfield!
Rachel Kerbel said…
all of it is so greatness! need an update! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!