FOOTBALL!!! (and baseball)

I LOVE fall and that is well documented on this blog. I've started putting together a blog book a year at a time. I started 2 years ago this month, so my first book is Sept. 2007 thru 2008. Then, at the end of this year, I will do a blog book of 2009. Anyway, I talk a lot about how much I love fall. Football is a big reason why!
My mom's family, the Shaws, and our family, the Ballards, decided to do a fantasy football league this year. I am so looking forward to this- I think it will be so fun! My team is called Mama's Boys- I know, so cute. We did our draft online, but we did it together at Gran's house. We each had our own laptop or computer, Mom made a great spread- it was a fun night and I have a GREAT team!!
YUM-O!!

Getting ready to DRAFT!
We have been so lucky to get to attend several ranger games this season. The kids (and I) have gotten SO into baseball and the Rangers, and that is something that is NOT well documented on this blog. I have never been a baseball fan, I really never enjoyed watching it until this year. The Rangers are so fun to watch!! We have enjoyed watching them at home and also going to a few games. This past week, we had a girls only game. Lucy, Jojo and I went to a game- we had the BEST seats I have ever sat at and it was such a FUN night. It was also dollar hot dog night- which I love :)
There's Ian Kinsler!!


PUDGE!!!!
My little Ranger fan :)
Walker wanted to play baseball this year, so we got him signed up for fall T-ball. Peepaw took him to get his gear because practice starts tomorrow!! My dad was a great baseball player and it always drove him crazy that I showed NO interest in watching baseball or playing softball. (Basketball, please!) He is more than thrilled that we have become Ranger fans this year AND that Walker chose to play baseball. Peepaw has been pitching to him for over a year in his backyard- Walker loves to hit!! Now, he needs to learn the rest :)

Wearing his favorite shirt- his Michael Young T-shirt. As soon as that shirt gets out of the dryer, it's right back on his back!! Thanks, Peepaw :)

Comments

jennifer said…
LOVE the pictures! The one of Lucy in her Ranger gear is my fave! What a fun idea to do a family league with a live and in-person draft! Looks like fun!
Leanne said…
Glad to see you back in the blog world... we missed you! I love the pictures of the kiddos at the baseball game... I try to go with Savannah every chance I get. Even though it happens to be a Rangers game I still think that any baseball stadium/game is the 2nd happiest place on earth. I also wanted to stop by and wish you and your Cowboys good luck this season!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??