GIST and update

Grace in Small Things
- a successful dentist procedure for Walker yesterday
- dental insurance
- a week with not much planned, before things get hectic
- having HBO free for a few months, I love movies!!
- excitement for a new job
- a few really good friends to talk to and confide in
- an awesome family vacation
- my kids loving to swim and being comfortable in the water

This has been an excellent summer. I have really noticed how grown up my kids are lately- I don't have toddlers anymore. They are kids!!! We go and go and go. They are both very energetic and enjoy getting out of the house. Unless someone is sick, we get out and do something everyday. If not, they are both bouncing off the walls by 5 or 6pm- not fun while I am trying to cook dinner. They don't slow down until 8 or 8:30 when they go to bed.
This is our last week of summer. Our school doesn't start until the end of August, but I am teaching and the kids are attending a summer camp at the preschool, so we can all get used to our new school. I will be teaching Pre-K this year, and I am looking forward to it!!
Walker's birthday is coming up on the 16th. We decided that when you turn 5, you can pick where your birthday will be. This will be his first birthday party with friends. We have so much family, we have always done birthday dinners with family in lieu of a party. He is looking VERY forward to his party at the Fort Worth Zoo. I absolutely cannot believe he will be 5...

We had a great family day with all the Wright's last weekend. We don't all get together as often as we would like, but we have a blast when we do!! My cousin and I grew up pretty close, and we are thrilled that our kids are growing up together and much closer than most 2nd cousins!
All the kiddos:
Claire, Cate, Walker and Lucy
Peepaw and Poppa Jeffy are SO FUN!!!

Comments

Rachel Kerbel said…
looks like blast!!! love gettin the fam together:) glad you have had such a great summer!
Shelly said…
Looks like August has been pretty eventful so far. I love the underwater pics of your family. I can't wait to take my kids to GWL. I totally sung that song in my head when I read that blog title. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!