GIST: Day 31

Grace in Small Things, Day 31
I am grateful...
- that I am not giving up on GIST even if I am skipping some days here and there
- for my kids taking a nap yesterday, and then playing great together afterwards. Yesterday was an awesome afternoon.
- that my family was ok with crackers, sliced cheese, ham, bananas and dried apricots for dinner.

Well, I am sick and yesterday afternoon/evening was pretty bad. My whole body hurt so bad, I could barely make it off the couch. My throat feels like hot sandpaper- ugh... But a good night's sleep does wonders, and my body is not aching today (can't say the same about my throat). So yesterday afternoon was a gift- both kids slept and then they kept themselves occupied and played and watched Harry Potter with my husband (who is suffering from a stomach bug) and I. I am definitely grateful for yesterday's nap and last night's good night of sleep.
I still think once you become a mother, you are automatically immune to EVERYTHING. It's just cruel to your family when a mother gets sick.

Comments

Deborah said…
Bless your heart! It is so hard for mommies to be sick. I hope you feel better very soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??