Friends and Family

What a great summer we have had so far!! It has been tiring, though. We have been extra busy, and some days I just say- OK, enough!! We are staying home today! Those days are good, too. My laundry room really appreciates those days.
I am definitely more relaxed in the summer. Their bedtimes are a bit later, they can have some foods and drinks that they don't normally have (Diet Coke, Root Beer, Orange soda)- it's summer and we just have fun. I absolutely LOVE summer. It would be my favorite season except it's so dreadfully hot in Texas.

This summer, I really wanted to:
- do swim lessons for the kids (check)
- do a weekly summer movie thing somewhere (check)
- see friends that we don't see alot of (check!!)

Real hair cuts!! Walker's is so long, we have to get real trims- not just buzz it like we normally do. Lucy still wants hers long, but it needed a good trim. We just love Sarah!! She is having a boy this fall and naming it Griffin. Walker smiled and said, "Like Gryffindor?!!!"
Yeah, it's been a Harry Potter summer, too!!
I'm trying to talk them into being Harry and Hermione for Halloween.

Of course, LOTS of swimming!!!
My Dad even let them start swimming in their hot tub this year, since they are stronger swimmers. They love it!!

We played with the foam building set. That is a great summer indoor activity!

I couldn't believe she left it in!! The kids put on of Lucy's headbands on Daisy- I actually thought it looked pretty cute!
For about a week, Walker was coming into Lucy's room and sleeping with her.
He would love it if they shared rooms.
Aunt D joined for a summer movie a few weeks ago.
We had Caitlin's 21st birthday celebration.
She got a sewing machine- I'm so excited because that means cute stuff for my kids!!!!We went to the park and met a high school friend of mine there. Jill brought bread and we fed the ducks- something the kids have been wanting to do for a while!!

Comments

Rachel Kerbel said…
looks like fun, by the way we have one of your foam bars! awesome that you got to spend time with Jill, family and have loads of summer fun!
Deborah said…
Great update and recap of your summer!

Love the headband on the dog!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!