WHOOO-HOOO!

It's Summer!!!!!

We are so excited for summer! With the kids getting older and understanding more, it was fun to tell them that school was going to end, and all about summer. Last year, I was really anxious about being bored and the kids driving me crazy at home, so I made a folder of different (and cheap) summer activities. It was helpful, but summer went by so fast we didn't do even half of it!!

Our summer plans:
- 2 weeks of swimming lessons
- weekly movie day (it was $5 for 10 kids movies- all summer!!)
- lots of swimming!
- surprise trip to Great Wolf Lodge (kids don't know about that yet- Shhhh!)
All that plus -fun crafts, seeing friends, girls weekend for mama :), and practicing everything we learned this year in school so we don't forget!!

Yesterday was the last day of preschool for the kiddos and it turned out to be a really fun day! Jason was off, and I am already done so we went to have lunch and then we picked up the kiddos and said bye to all our great friends and teachers at ELP. What a great little preschool!

We came home and worked on a family gardening project. I am SO not a gardener, but it was fun to work on something all together. Then, we had fun with the water hose to cool off! We came inside and watched Bedtime Stories, which Daddy just bought for us on Blu-Ray. It was cute! We had a yummy dinner together, I just love it when we can eat together!!


Favorite picture right now:
Lucy wearing Sydney's sunglasses, from Memorial Day 2009

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lucy looks like Sydney with those sunglasses on! What did you guys plant in the family garden?? Having a summer activity folder is such a great idea! What a great mom you are!
Kristen Ballard said…
We planted a blend of wildflowers that attracts butterflies and hummingbirds. We'll see if it works!!!!
Do you know what dates you are coming in yet?? I want to make sure I make it on your calendar this time!!
Sydney said…
Wow. Those sunglasses are fabulous. Whoever that Sydney is must have great taste. :P

Lucy is way too cute. I am so excited about this summer! Love y'all.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??