Port Aransas- Days 1 and 2

We were in Port Aransas last week with my Dad and stepmom, Peepaw and GG. We stayed at a great resort, Port Royal, that was right on the beach, but also had the biggest pool in Texas!! The kids have been asking about the beach, and we were so excited for their first time to see the ocean. I absolutely LOVE the ocean- I could sit and watch the waves and listen to the sounds all day. Our back porch was about 100 yards from the ocean, and it was so great to just sit out there and see the waves roll in, and out.
The Drive
We left at 6:30 in the morning. The kids were so excited- and I was so apprehensive!! This was the longest driving trip we had ever been on, and I was hoping for the best. Lucy listening to the iPodDoing their craft. I brought visors for them to decorate with fish stickersWe made it!!!
The kids did great on the drive, but we were all so glad to get there.
The view from our patioMy handsome hubby
We highly recommend Fins. We ate their the first night, and every night after that when talking about dinner plans, one of the kids would yell out, "Fins, please!!" Lucy found she loved popcorn shrimp!
Day 2- The Beach
Walking out to check out the water with PeepawLucy loved the sandWalker stayed in the waves the whole time. He was "showing the waves who was boss" and "fighting the waves". He would jump, kick and punch at the waves. He would go nonstop!! We had to take shifts being out there with him, we would get tired- but he stayed out for almost 2 hours that morning!

Comments

Caitlin said…
Those kids are so precious. I love Lucy's dress in that picture under the Fins sign! I'm glad you guys had a great time!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??