Spring Break '09

We had a blast and stayed busy last week. Jason was off most of the week, so we did some "family activities". We avoided the Fort Worth Zoo like the plague (23,000 visitors on half price Wednesday last week!!), but found some other fun stuff to do.

We finally went to Dinosaur World, in Glen Rose. It is an outside trail featuring over 100 life- size dinos!! Right up the Ballards alley!! The kids loved the trail, and the fossil dig, and the museum. It was a neat place.
Digging for fossils with DaddyT-Rex
Triceratops
My sweeties!!

We finished alot earlier than we thought at Dino World, and thought- What the heck? We were only 45 minutes away from... Dublin!!! Gotta stop in at Old Doc's Soda Shop for a DP frosty and a case of good ole' Dublin Dr. Pepper. We love this stuff in our fam!We even drove through Stephenville, and got to see our favorite cousin, Amanda!
Despite being Fort Worth snobs, the Dallas World Aquarium is a great place to go!! It has awesome animals that you won't see just anywhere. It's definitely worth a visit! Here are some of our favorite animals.
It was St. Patrick's Day when we went. All my cuties wore green!

A sloth- just out in the open. Not even in a cage!! So cool
This octopus was so awesome. Right when we walked up it decided to leave it's hole, and swim around. It's tentacles are so long!
A leopard!
Sting Rays

Some things I don't have a picture of:
- enjoying alot of basketball and yummies at my mom's for the kickoff of March Madness
- me at Border's at midnight with my sister for the Twilight DVD release
- having a cookout and playing dominoes with J's work friends
- me mopping the floors (hey! This doesn't happen very often- it needs to be documented...)
- date night and movie with sweet hubby

Whew! What a fun week. Now, back into the swing of things. The kids were excited to go back to school, and I was missing our regular routine a bit. It is officially spring now. This year is already flying by...it's about to be Easter!

Comments

Sydney said…
Borders was so fun! I'm so glad you went with me!!!! I can't wait until Midnight Sun is released!! Who knows how long we will have to wait though! :)
Rachel Kerbel said…
you got a date night? oh how fun! I HATE that we missed you! we are all better now, and should be up soon:)
Leanne said…
Where is Dino world?? That looks like fun! I am also dying to go the Dallas Aquarium. Eric refuses to do anything in Dallas though. Your pictures of the place have me sold. I must take Savannah!
Shelly said…
What a fun week! I remember going to that dino park when I was younger. I love it that you guys are spur of the moment types that will drive to get a Dublin Dr. Pepper on a whim... That's how my family used to operate. Loved that. What great memories for your kids.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??