Yes. Seriously.


Well, it's official. I could stay away no longer. When I first started hearing about all this Twilight stuff, I thought, "Well, if that had come out when I was in high school, I would have been all over it." Lately, I've been feeling "too old" for stuff. So I stayed away.

My youngest sister (16) bought all the books, my mom read the books, I still stayed away. Now, I have always been a major bookworm. It used to drive my dad crazy. I mean, sure, he was glad I was reading, but I would get so involved in what I was reading. I would bring whatever book I was reading (usually Baby Sitters Club) with me wherever we were going- and read constantly. My mom totally got it- because she was the same way.

That is another reason I stayed away. I get so caught up in books and characters- I literally had to stop reading a series when I was in middle school because I was getting upset at the bad things that were happening to the characters. Now you know my secret. I get obsessed when I read.

So, after the movie came out my curiosity was peaked, but I still stayed away. Until, one day, when I learned a very respectable teacher at my school was reading- not just reading: hooked, on these books. Well, that did it for me. I just had to be let in on the wondrous event that was reading Twilight.

My sister was thrilled. She let me borrow the first book, and I still didn't start it right away. I am a mother of a 3 year old and a 4 year old. I just have SO many chances to sit and read!!! That is one thing I miss about before kids- reading. Well, I started it this past week when I was at home with sick Lucy. I read the first 40 pages or so, then I had to put it down to be a mother. I put the kids to bed, and thought, "I really should go to bed." So what did I do? I walked into the living room, sat on the couch and read THE REST OF THE BOOK. I was up until 3:30 Thursday morning. Crazy woman!! I know!!!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed the first book, but everybody says that it's the best one. I'm not expecting much out of the movie, I have been burned too many times by enjoying a book and being excited about the movie, only to be let down, big time.

New Moon, here I come...

Comments

jennifer said…
What are the books about?? I am an obsessive reader too!!
Kristen Ballard said…
It sounds silly when you explain it. A girl and a teenage vampire fall in love. I have only read the first one, there are 3 more. So far, it's addicting.
Sydney said…
Yay!! Ahh they are so good! I really like the rest of the books. My favorite is actually the fourth. Since I know you are so interested, my favorites in order are 4,1,3,2. The second one is good, don't get me wrong, but it's the least great in my opinion. I'm so happy you are in on the obsession!
Elizabeth said…
I've heard some friends say they love those books. I'm totally addicted to books right now, hence the lack of blogging on my part. If I have a spare minute...I read. So, I am anxious to hear more about these Twilight books as you read more!
Shelly said…
I know TONS of adults who are digging that series! One of them claimed to "come out of the closet" with her love for the book. I'm half-way tempted to read one, but I've got some other parenting books that I'm trying to finish first. I've enjoyed catching up on your family happenings. Your kids really know how to ham it up for the camera! They look so fun! I can't wait to see Avery and Reagan play like that!
Laura Drury said…
You deserve a little reading time! I was the same way as a kid. I think I read ever babysitters club book ever written. Remember Logan?! I had a crush on him. Also, Ty still has your Christmas present to give you! I brought them to school on the Friday they got out & forgot you weren't working that day. I was thinking I would see you for him to give it to you in person but I may just leave it with the receptionist at school. I want you to enjoy it!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!