Rodeo- and Ice!!!

We went to the Rodeo last night. Yes, last night- when ice covered the roads and places were closed. We were driving around in all that. Luckily, my husband was driving and we made it safely. We had special box seats given to us for the rodeo and we weren't going to miss it. The kids were excited, and they had no idea what we were going to see.

The box was right on the front. We could not get any closer. We were hit my mud!!! And the kids to high-five the cowboys and people that would ride by.
One of the kids wrestled his calf down right in front of us. The kids were freaking out!!

My precious cowgirl and cowboy. I just love their excitement. It is so contagious. I was excited to go, but seeing their faces and how much they were enjoying it, really made it fun!!

You gotta have cotton candy!

They were so tired. We stayed out late, and still left before it was even over!!


School's closed today!!! YEAH!! It's so fun to have a "snow" day in the middle of the week. Yesterday, school let out early and last night when we were driving home, I knew they would close school. It was icy, really icy. Jason had to go to work of course, but we are enjoying a day at home with nothing on the calendar. Jason took our car to work, so we couldn't go anywhere anyway!!

Playing on our driveway, trying to "skate"
Walker loves to eat icicles. Lucy thinks they are too cold, but she did try one today. There were some big ones at my dad's house!

We went on my dad's driveway, put the kids in boxes and pushed them down his slope. So cool!! They loved it.

It's fun to anything when there is ice. They wanted to jump on the icy trampoline and go down the icy slide on our swingset. That got old quickly when they got wet, so we came in for hot chocolate.
I hope you are staying safe and warm!!

Comments

Sydney said…
I love that picture of lucys boots! I wonder who got her those! They are so cute!! ;) Looks like y'all had lots of fun. Love you!
jennifer said…
Looks like y'all are having lots of fun despite the cold, ice, and snow!! What great memories for the kids!
Leanne said…
You and Lucy matched at the rodeo. Was that planned??? Very cute! I love when Savannah and I match.
Elizabeth said…
The rodeo looks like so much fun! That's one thing I never did when I lived there. Your kids are so cute! And, I love the first picture of the cowboy boots.
Shelly said…
WHAT FUN! I love all your pics...especially the one of them conked out in the car. I'm glad you guys got to go and made it back safely.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??