Christmas Favorites
Favorite Christmas song: O Come, O Come Emmanuel
Favorite Christmas treat: gingerbread (not cookies, bread gingerbread- and no, I don't have a recipe for it, we make it out of the box and it is HEAVENLY)
Favorite Christmas decoration: advent calendar- the kids understand it this year, thanks to all the work with countdowns earlier this year, so they have been very excited every day to move a piece down to the corresponding number. We are now down to the "cool" pieces that get saved for the few days before Christmas.
Favorite Christmas Eve tradition: making breakfast for my dad and stepmom, eating Aunt D's candy and Nana's sausage balls at Ballard Christmas
Favorite Christmas Day tradition: breakfast at my mom's (gingerbread!!) This year, I can't wait to see the kids' reactions to their presents. They have been asking for the same thing from Santa for a month now, and I can't wait to see what they do when they find it Christmas morning...
Favorite person to buy for: my mom and my sisters
Favorite non-holiday thing to do at Christmastime: I use this time to clear out some room in the kids' rooms. We don't have a playroom, and they have so many toys, plus they are about to get even more, so I always do a little organizing (read: throwing away) before Christmas Day. This year, I tackled the stuffed animals. This is all the stuffed animals in our house.
I had the kids go through them with me, and after explaining that we were going to donate the stuffed animals to other children, they actually parted with some. They were very grown-up and I got a big garbage bag full of stuffed animals. No tears or anything (except for when Jason almost threw away Lulu the lamb. Lucy lost it...) I was very proud of them, and Walker told me that God was happy about them.
Favorite thing about THIS Christmas: Jason has been off for the last week, and it has been great to have alot of family time. We have had 2 family photo sessions outside, a lot of movie watching and family errands. The kids will be so sad when he goes back to work, but I have really enjoyed this time with him home. Also, we are shaking things up a little bit at my mom's and I can't wait to see how Christmas morning goes. Don't worry...there will still be gingerbread (wheww!)
Favorite Christmas treat: gingerbread (not cookies, bread gingerbread- and no, I don't have a recipe for it, we make it out of the box and it is HEAVENLY)
Favorite Christmas decoration: advent calendar- the kids understand it this year, thanks to all the work with countdowns earlier this year, so they have been very excited every day to move a piece down to the corresponding number. We are now down to the "cool" pieces that get saved for the few days before Christmas.
Favorite Christmas Eve tradition: making breakfast for my dad and stepmom, eating Aunt D's candy and Nana's sausage balls at Ballard Christmas
Favorite Christmas Day tradition: breakfast at my mom's (gingerbread!!) This year, I can't wait to see the kids' reactions to their presents. They have been asking for the same thing from Santa for a month now, and I can't wait to see what they do when they find it Christmas morning...
Favorite person to buy for: my mom and my sisters
Favorite non-holiday thing to do at Christmastime: I use this time to clear out some room in the kids' rooms. We don't have a playroom, and they have so many toys, plus they are about to get even more, so I always do a little organizing (read: throwing away) before Christmas Day. This year, I tackled the stuffed animals. This is all the stuffed animals in our house.
Favorite thing about THIS Christmas: Jason has been off for the last week, and it has been great to have alot of family time. We have had 2 family photo sessions outside, a lot of movie watching and family errands. The kids will be so sad when he goes back to work, but I have really enjoyed this time with him home. Also, we are shaking things up a little bit at my mom's and I can't wait to see how Christmas morning goes. Don't worry...there will still be gingerbread (wheww!)
Comments