Walker boy

I was so looking forward to this week. Nothing on the calendar, and getting caught up on blogging and housework. So what happens? Walker comes down with croup and Grace's dad passes away. Croup is scary. It won't be so scary the next time one of my children have it, but the first time you experience it, it's scary. The worst sounding cough- he literally sounded like a seal barking. And when he would get to coughing, he couldn't breathe because his airways were so inflamed. The doctor gave him a steroid shot, and he is finally somewhat improved today. Next time one of my children gets this, I will be prepared, but I was pretty worried about him earlier this week.

When someone is suffering, it's always easy to say, "Oh, they will be so much better off in heaven." Then it actually happens, the Lord takes them, and your so sad and hurt you didn't get to see them "one last time". It's always sad when someone passes away, even when they were suffering here on Earth and not the way you remembered them. Say a prayer for my step-mom and her mother, she is terribly sad. She said, "I just don't know what I'm going to do, he was just so good to me." Such a sweet lady.

Walker has been loving his "homework" recently. He sits at the table with a piece of paper, and writes. At the beginning of the school year, he had no legible writing what so ever. So, he is very excited now, 2 months later, that he can write his name. His teacher is doing an excellent job with him- he holds his pencil just right and really loves school. We are so proud of him!

He has also taken to my camera. He picked it up one day when I wasn't watching and figured out how to take pictures with it! I was so impressed, I let him use it for a day or two, but then we quickly backtracked. I felt bad for him, but if he broke that camera... well, it would be my fault for letting a 4 year old take pictures with it!! A camera is now on his Christmas list. He took this picture.

He is really into dancing and singing right now. He has always loved songs- singing to him has always been the best way to get him to calm down ever since he was a baby. He will get into these ruts, where he only sings one song over and over for weeks. Seriously. This summer, he was singing a song from the Space Chimps movie preview- "I am Titan, I am strong- no wants to sing along." Then it was the Subway song, "5 Dollars, 5 Dollars, 5 dollar foot long!" Right now it is a Tim McGraw song. The chorus is "1,2,3 like a bird I sing, cause you've given me the most beautiful set of wings." I hear that ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. I am not kidding. Eventually it will wear out, only to be replaced by another short jingle/song.

Big boy haircut!! Haircutting has always been a very traumatic experience for Walker. We usually do it in the shower, with Jason using the trimmer. In the summer, we keep it super short, but I like to let it grow a little during the fall and winter. We took him in to see Ellen, who does all my mom's side of the family's hair, and he did great! It looks MUCH better, too.

Comments

Sydney said…
i forgot about the space chimps song!
i can not believe that walker can write his name! CRAZY.
i'm glad walker likes that Tim McGraw song i showed him. :)
Maggie said…
that is the worst Weaver got it last year and I totally freaked... thank the Lord for modern meds! Hope is is all better now!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??