Giada's Kitchen

I met her!! I met and talked with Giada de Laurentiis. It was awesome!! She was doing a book signing in Plano (it cost $7 round trip on that tollway- UGH!), and so I went. I bought two books- one for my mom, and one for me. My mom's birthday was coming up, so it worked out perfectly. I spent an hour or two coming up with something she could write for my mom's book and our book, which I was going to have her write a message to Jason, because he has a big crush on her. When we got there (my sister went with me), it said "no messages, Giada will personalize up to 2 names per book." I was BUMMED. I thought that was the cool part about meeting somebody- getting them to write something special in your book. Anyway, I did bring my camera even though it said no pictures and I'm glad I did because you COULD take pictures, after she signed your book and you moved 20 feet away from her. Too bad I didn't put the zoom lens on that day. They had a lot of rules.
Waiting in line- it wrapped all the way around the square of shops to the complete opposite endwe rounded one corner, only to stand along the other side of the square
I took this picture while I was in line. You weren't supposed to do that. I was feeling rebellious because they had been telling me I couldn't do alot of things that day.
She was very nice- we talked for all of 20 seconds. She looks exactly the same as on TV- they don't have to do much to her- she is so beautiful. It was fun to meet someone who has really taught me alot. I'm glad I did it, even though it didn't really turn out the way I thought it would

Comments

Deborah said…
I thought the TV camera was supposed to make someone look 10 pounds heavier. I think I agree, because she looks TEENY-TINY in these pictures!

SO glad you got to meet her--how cool was that?!
Laura Drury said…
What a fun experience! It's fun to do things out of the norm.
Anonymous said…
That is a fun story. Sorry they had so many rules, but way to be a rebel and get some pictures anyway!
Sydney said…
soooo cool. i wish i could have gone.
Anna said…
I love her! I have one of her cooking books and love it. I am super jealous!
Deasha said…
I am so jealous!! I love her show and all her recipes are so good.
Anonymous said…
Thank you Honey for fighting through all the rules and tollways to think of me while seeing her. She's great but I love you.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!