Too funny not to share
First off, thanks to all the comments and suggestions on the blog situation. I really did want to hear your thoughts and I appreciate it. I even found out about some new people reading my blog that I did not know about!! That is always fun! So, thank you and for now this blog will remain public.
Ok, so this week in Senora Ballard world, I heard some funny stories and just had to share. In one of my classes, we got to talking and never quite got to the Spanish lesson. I figure, hey, that is ok every once and a while. They really wanted to talk and tell me some things, and I think it is important to listen.
A boy: Do you know what? After school, I have a dentist appointment, and if I do good I can go to McDonalds!
A girl cutting him off: McDonalds clogs your heart. (she is oh-so-serious!)
Same girl: Do you know something exciting is going to happen after my dog dies? My mom is going to take me to a pet store and I will get a kitty!
Me: Oh, is your dog sick?
girl: No, but he will die eventually and when he does, I GET A KITTY!!
Boy (you might recognize this one, Laura): When we went on vacation this summer to Laguna Beach, there were all these steps leading down to the ocean. I started walking, and it was paining my back!!!! And, do you know how many steps there were?? I counted them. There were 90!!!!!!!!
girl: I went on vacation this summer. I think it was to New Mexico, or South Dakota or Colorado. (she is very specific for not remembering!!)
Ok, so this week in Senora Ballard world, I heard some funny stories and just had to share. In one of my classes, we got to talking and never quite got to the Spanish lesson. I figure, hey, that is ok every once and a while. They really wanted to talk and tell me some things, and I think it is important to listen.
A boy: Do you know what? After school, I have a dentist appointment, and if I do good I can go to McDonalds!
A girl cutting him off: McDonalds clogs your heart. (she is oh-so-serious!)
Same girl: Do you know something exciting is going to happen after my dog dies? My mom is going to take me to a pet store and I will get a kitty!
Me: Oh, is your dog sick?
girl: No, but he will die eventually and when he does, I GET A KITTY!!
Boy (you might recognize this one, Laura): When we went on vacation this summer to Laguna Beach, there were all these steps leading down to the ocean. I started walking, and it was paining my back!!!! And, do you know how many steps there were?? I counted them. There were 90!!!!!!!!
girl: I went on vacation this summer. I think it was to New Mexico, or South Dakota or Colorado. (she is very specific for not remembering!!)
Comments
it reminds me of when i was little, i wanted a kitty really bad, and mom's excuse for not getting me one was that you were allergic, so she said i could have one when you went to college, but once you went to college, I decided I didn't want one anymore. :)