HOT, hot, hot

IT IS SO HOT!!!

So how do we keep cool since it has been in the 100s EVERYDAY??

Happy Hour at Sonic!!
I can get everybody a drink of their choice for under $3!!
Lucy's choice: Apple juice slush or cherry slush
Walker's choice: Powerade slush or just ice water (when he's really hot)
My choice: Cherry lemonade

Staying Inside
We went and visited my friend Crissy who just had her precious baby Tucker last week. The kids loved touching and holding him. He is super sweet baby!

We went to the bookstore- just had to get out of the house!

Lucy just wanted to dance on the storytelling stage...
Obstacle Course
The kids, well the whole family, has gotten into the show Wipeout. It shows people going through obstacle courses. It's funny because you see them, of course, Wipeout. Anyway, good family viewing. So, the kids have started doing obstacle course in the living room. It's fun for them and gets rid of some of that energy since we can't go outside and play!!
What do you do to stay cool??

PRIZE TIME!!
I will send one happy commenter some crafty stuff to do with your kiddos while you are staying inside, keeping cool. I will pick the winner (randomly, of course) Wednesday.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kristen,
You have a beautiful family. I think it is great that you share it with those of us who otherwise don't have any family. No kids. Never been married... You inspire people like me. I can honestly say that your blog put the first smile on my face of the day. Thank You and God bless you.
Maggie said…
your house is so cute... I love the ceiling and the tile in the entry and I love that white built in- my kids would love to play zoo with all those cubbies.
I love looking at pictures of peoples' houses.......yours is too cute!! :)

To stay cool in this horrible heat we like to watch movies, and we like to go swimming!!

yesterday we went to a jumping party at an indoor bounce house which probably turned out to be a really bad idea since we all got overheated because apparently they didn't believe in air conditioning.....

Other fun activities : having a duck party (which means playing in the bathtub with as many ducks as we can find), making whipped cream sculptures, and making homemade icees!

:) Can I come over and do that obstacle course? ;)
Emily said…
No clever activities here, but I haven't seen pictures of your house before...super cute living room!
Laura Drury said…
The kids enjoy the good, old fashioned water hose, sprinklers, and plastic toys in the back yard to stay cool. We make a water slide out of the slide from the swing set.

I also let them have a style show last week with some of our clothes. It was a beating to clean up but they had a blast! It's good to do on a week when you're going to be home a lot!
Anonymous said…
Kristen Cute house...And My kids love that show it make them drop dead laugh. We should try and get together next week since summer is almost over.

Colleen

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!