Tamale Workshop

My Dad and I went to a cooking class at Central Market this week. I did it for his birthday, and it was a Tamale Workshop. Tamales are one of those food items I have never attempted. You have to KNOW what your doing, so I thought this would be fun. It was a hands-on class, and that was important. My Dad and I love cooking and we cook in much the same way. We have fun with it!!!

Me and my sweet dad
Nettie, our great instructor
Spreading the masa on the oja (husk)

The pork filling
Folding the tamale

Our dinner:
Guacamole, salsa, borracho beans, pico de gallo, mexican rice, pork and chicken tamales
The dessert:
The BEST flan you have ever tasted

Comments

Katherine said…
Yum-that looks awesome!! :) I love Central Market-what a great place!
Sydney said…
that looks so fun! now you can make me tamales! woo!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!