Father's Day weekend
I tried to get this post out before we left for vacation, but it didn't happen. But, I don't want the fathers and grandfathers to get overlooked, so here it is! Again, we are incredibly blessed to have our family live close, and to be able to see our fathers on their day.
We had Jason's family over Saturday night for Mexican food, per Papa's request.
We had Jason's family over Saturday night for Mexican food, per Papa's request.
Papa and his boy, givin taters
Stickin close to Aunt D
Playing with Uncle Jeff
Sunday morning, the kids and I made a crumb cake for Jason for breakfast and gave him his annual photo calendar. The kids made their cards for Jason this year. I asked them questions about their awesome daddy and they told me what they thought.
Here is a sample:
Why is Daddy a good Daddy? (Lucy) He loves me so much. What is Daddy's favorite thing to do? (Lucy) Getting home and eat and talk.
What is your favorite place to go with Daddy? (Walker) The zoo.
Why is your Daddy a good Daddy? (Walker) He's not a bad daddy. I like it when he wrestles with me. He likes to play with my toys with me.
LOVE YOU, Honey Daddy!

Sunday, we had a relaxing day at my Dad's. I wish I would have taken a picture of the table. We made lots of appetizers/finger foods and watched the US Open. It was a fun, casual day. I made meatballs and tomato sauce and had rolls for mini meatball subs, fried ravioli, potato skins and banana pudding.
Happy Father's Day!!

Walker helping Peepaw open his card
Lucy's Princess Glove, now we can all play catch
Then, Peepaw and GG brought out the slip n slide. A great way to end our day!!
A little push from Peepaw...
WHEEEE!

Stickin close to Aunt D
Playing with Uncle Jeff
Sunday morning, the kids and I made a crumb cake for Jason for breakfast and gave him his annual photo calendar. The kids made their cards for Jason this year. I asked them questions about their awesome daddy and they told me what they thought.
Here is a sample:
Why is Daddy a good Daddy? (Lucy) He loves me so much. What is Daddy's favorite thing to do? (Lucy) Getting home and eat and talk.
What is your favorite place to go with Daddy? (Walker) The zoo.
Why is your Daddy a good Daddy? (Walker) He's not a bad daddy. I like it when he wrestles with me. He likes to play with my toys with me.
LOVE YOU, Honey Daddy!
Sunday, we had a relaxing day at my Dad's. I wish I would have taken a picture of the table. We made lots of appetizers/finger foods and watched the US Open. It was a fun, casual day. I made meatballs and tomato sauce and had rolls for mini meatball subs, fried ravioli, potato skins and banana pudding.
Happy Father's Day!!
Walker helping Peepaw open his card
Lucy's Princess Glove, now we can all play catch
Then, Peepaw and GG brought out the slip n slide. A great way to end our day!!
Comments
email it to me and I'll call ya :)