Cooking with Kristen
I have always like roasted potatoes (ok, so I've always like pretty much ANY kind of potato), but recently we have started experimenting with our roasting and trying more things. And, this is a great way to get the family to eat more veggies.
Favorite things to roast-
1. Fingerling potatoes- toss in olive oil, salt and pepper
2. carrots- this is my NEW favorite thing. Chunk them pretty big, and again, olive oil, salt and pepper is all you need. They get soft, but not too soft, and nice and sweet.
3. onions- I love how sweet they get, great with carrots.
4. zucchini and squash- yum and very pretty, adds lots of color to your plate.
5. corn- I spread it with butter, add salt and wrap it up in foil.
My favorite dinner to make right now is roasted chicken and veggies. I do a big baking sheet and cut chicken and veggies all about the same size. I slice up some onions, too. I season the chicken with either Emeril's essence or Paula Deen's house seasoning, and toss everything with, you guessed it, olive oil, salt and pepper. I also do fresh corn in the foil and put everything in the oven at about 375 for 30 minutes. So yummy for a fresh summery dinner and I love how easy it is!!
BONUS:
I love blogs that send prizes to people that comment. I will randomly choose a commenter and send you a container of Lady and Son's House Seasoning (Paula Deen's) and Emeril's Essence, made by yours-truly. I will draw the winner on Friday. Happy commenting and Good Luck!!!
Favorite things to roast-
1. Fingerling potatoes- toss in olive oil, salt and pepper
2. carrots- this is my NEW favorite thing. Chunk them pretty big, and again, olive oil, salt and pepper is all you need. They get soft, but not too soft, and nice and sweet.
3. onions- I love how sweet they get, great with carrots.
4. zucchini and squash- yum and very pretty, adds lots of color to your plate.
5. corn- I spread it with butter, add salt and wrap it up in foil.
My favorite dinner to make right now is roasted chicken and veggies. I do a big baking sheet and cut chicken and veggies all about the same size. I slice up some onions, too. I season the chicken with either Emeril's essence or Paula Deen's house seasoning, and toss everything with, you guessed it, olive oil, salt and pepper. I also do fresh corn in the foil and put everything in the oven at about 375 for 30 minutes. So yummy for a fresh summery dinner and I love how easy it is!!
BONUS:
I love blogs that send prizes to people that comment. I will randomly choose a commenter and send you a container of Lady and Son's House Seasoning (Paula Deen's) and Emeril's Essence, made by yours-truly. I will draw the winner on Friday. Happy commenting and Good Luck!!!
Comments
potatoes & corn. just about the only veggies i like. :)
i like this prize idea. :D
We usually do that awesome Garlic Texas Toast from the freezer section (NY Brand) with this meal.
You make vegetables sound yummy, but I still don't know if I would eat them, haha!
YAY! Sounds easy and doable by doing ahead of time and having it in the oven by SOMEONE else while I'm working!!! :)
Sweet....we are TOTALLY IN for Spongebob Movie.....
....and that would be an ideal place to deliver the spices I'm gonna win!!!! :)
hee hee!
And prizes? Super fun!