Walker and Lucy: May '08

Lucy Elizabeth
30 months
What you are into right now: ballerina dancing, picking out your clothes (usually a dress or skirt), pink, your Princess spray (detangler) after your bath, reading library books, butterflies, talking about going to Disneyworld, singing our "Ballard" song and your "L-U-C-Y" song, finding bugs in our yard, going to IHOP, closing the garage door (we just got new garage doors and a new opener)

What you have said lately:
"Daddy, I am the princess and you are my prince. Will you be my prince, Daddy?"
"I love my Minnie dress, mama. I am SO GORGEOUS!"
"Bubba, you want to lay down with me? OK, and you can tell me a story about Princess Lucy."
"Mommy, can you turn on your blog?" She calls my iPod a blog. I don't know, either!?!

Walker Adrian
44 months
What you are into right now: Ben 10 Alien Force, Power Rangers Jungle Fury, talking about going to Disneyworld, singing "Sweet Home Alabama" in the car, puzzles, pushing your sister on the swing, eating cheese pizza, going on "errands" with the whole family, opening the garage door, Apple Juice slushes from Sonic, helping mama (you are the best helper!!), taking showers

What you have said lately:
"Hey, lady!" (saying hi to someone) "Mama, she's chocolate!"
Later in the same store, "Hey, she has a chocolate baby!" The woman was chuckling to herself, luckily. She was not "chocolate". We have since
Running to me, "Mama! I just saw a dinosaur on TV!" "Really?", I say. "Yes, take the remote and turn back time and I will show you. Just turn back time, mama." Oh, how lucky he is to grow up with DVR.

Our Family Songs- The kids started recognizing letters earlier this school year, and W and L were the first ones they noticed. (And M, for McDonald's) So, we made up songs for their names, so they could learn how to spell them.

Walker:
(tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star)
W-A-L-K-E-R, Walker, Walker that's my name

Stop laughing. Yes, they are a little simple, but it's catchy... and they have learned to spell their names!

Lucy:
(tune of Where is Thumbkin?)
L-U-C-Y, L-U-C-Y, I can spell Lucy, I can spell Lucy

Ballard:
(tune of Jesus Loves Me)
B-A-L-L-A-R-D, we are the Ballard family,
B-A-L-L-A-R-D, we are the Ballard FAM-I-LY!

Love you, crazy kids!!

Comments

Rachel Kerbel said…
how cute! what a good teacher you are! i couldn't get walker's name to twinkle twinkle-i must be a slow learner:) i am going to do you last post!
Caitlin said…
This is the cutest post ever! I would love to hear Lucy call herself GORGEOUS. That's adorable. How did she start thinking an iPod was a blog? I don't know, but I love that a two-year-old knows the word "blog."

Walker's song still makes me laugh. "W-A-L-K-E-R, Walker, Walker, Walker Walker Walkerrrr..." Haha, I love you.
Anonymous said…
this is ADORABLE!!! it totally made me blink.
Katie McB. said…
That is such a good idea. Of course I had to sit here and sing through each of them. Your kids are precious!
Anonymous said…
How lucky our kids are to have such a wonderful mother. -J

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!