Tuesday's Thoughts

I cook almost every night of the week, and to keep things exciting and yummy, I like to have a lot of different recipes so we are not eating the same things every week. I buy ground beef a lot, because it's cheap and versatile. But, recently, I have gotten the ground beef blues. I just can't think of ANYTHING to do with my beef! I will share one of my recipes that we like, and that is super simple, and I hope you will share some of yours with me. I can ALWAYS use a new recipe!!

*Sloppy Joes

1 lb. ground beef
1/4 c. dried chopped onion
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. yellow mustard
3/4 c. ketchup
3 tsp. brown sugar

Brown beef (season with salt and pepper) and drain well.
Return beef to pan and add remaining ingredients. Stir together and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes. Spoon onto toasted hamburger buns.

*This is not a tomato-ey sloppy joe. This is a ketchup-y, sweet and tangy sloppy joe.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i've never had sloppy joes.
i wonder if i would like them.. hmm.
Caitlin said…
I've had one sloppy joe in my life, but it was really good. Do you make these for the kids? I imagine they would put the "sloppy" in "sloppy joes".

P.S. LOST is back next week! It doesn't seem like it's been gone that long. And did you hear, the finale is going to be three hours; one hour one week, and two hours the next week. Sweet.
Maggie said…
I make quesadillas with ground beef and cheese alot. my kids love them.

I am gonna try the sloppy joes next week ;)
Maggie said…
I make quesadillas with ground beef and cheese alot. my kids love them.

I am gonna try the sloppy joes next week ;)
Rachel Kerbel said…
i make shepherd's pie. i ground the beef up and put liquid smoke on it for flavor. then mash potatoes. in a seperate baking dish put your ground beef, then a layer of vegetables (like frozen carrots, peas, corn, and greenbeans already cooked.) then put your mashed potatoes on top, followed by cheese (any kind you like). put it in the oven at about 350 for approx.15 min just to melt the cheese. my kids like it and it is a great way to get veggies in them. this is not for kids who don't like for their food to touch!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??