Friday Favorites
My favorite activity right now is going to the library. The Hebrew Day School I used to teach at was right across from the public library and we went once a week. Since we don't live close to one anymore, I hadn't gone in a while. I have started going again, and it's so fun.
When I go, I get overwhelmed in the children's sections. It's just so many books!! And, feeling overwhelmed is one of my least favorite feelings, I have decided to start a system: The books are organized by authors name, so I just sat down at the A's, and picked out all the books I thought my kids would like. So, now I won't be overwhelmed by the whole section, I just look through one letter. Now, I am very excited to go the library and get books for the kids!! We have a lot of books here at home, and the kids do enjoy reading, which is one of my favorite activities too.
I also get books for me! I have tried to find Francine Rivers books there, but they don't have a great selection, so I need some specific titles to search for and request.
When I go, I get overwhelmed in the children's sections. It's just so many books!! And, feeling overwhelmed is one of my least favorite feelings, I have decided to start a system: The books are organized by authors name, so I just sat down at the A's, and picked out all the books I thought my kids would like. So, now I won't be overwhelmed by the whole section, I just look through one letter. Now, I am very excited to go the library and get books for the kids!! We have a lot of books here at home, and the kids do enjoy reading, which is one of my favorite activities too.
I also get books for me! I have tried to find Francine Rivers books there, but they don't have a great selection, so I need some specific titles to search for and request.
Comments
"Redeeming Love" or "Atonement Child" by F. Rivers would be great ones to start with. "Redeeming Love is my favorite fiction book I've ever read. It was very faith-building for me.
I do love Redeeming Love-it was amazing.
i love that you check out books for the kids. i used to go to the library, but mom didn't like to go return them, so now we owe the library like $50 worth in books, so we have never been back to the fort worth library. sad day.
love you!!