A Blast From My Past
I got a call on Tuesday, an unexpected call. It was from an Israeli family that I was very close to when I taught at the Day School. They were in town and wanted to see me!! I hadn't seen them since they left for Israel in June of 2004. Thank goodness for being able to keep your same cell phone number... Anyway, we met today and it was great to see everyone. The Hebrew Day School was an amazing experience. I had 6 kids in my class and was teaching 4th and 5th grade. Half of my class was Israeli and didn't speak much English, but were very bright. The American kids I had were brilliant, and way above their grade level. At one point, every student was taking a different spelling test every week. It was crazy! But, we were all very close, and on top of being their teacher, I tutored most of these kids a couple of times a week (this was before Walker and Lucy). Dana was in my class for 2 years, and she is very special to me. She is the shyest person I have ever met, but we had a bond. I brought her out of her shell and it was amazing to see the transformation of a shy girl who literally WOULD not talk to anyone in 3rd grade, to a funny, smart girl who led prayers during services and loved to laugh with her classmates.
Dana, me, and Dana's sister Gal with Walker and Lucy
Comments
our peditricians are a married couple from Israel and they are also both very beautiful! Maybe it is an Israel-ie thing.
love you!!