Walker and Lucy: March '08

This is me staying updated. I am not great about writing in their baby books, and since my blog is based on what goes on in my family, I am including updates about the kids.

Walker Adrian Ballard
3 1/2 years old (43 months)
39 lbs.
40 inches tall
*Just finished a serious growth spurt*
Walker: Wow! What a growth spurt. He has been eating everything in SIGHT! Even his vegetables (NOT a fan). I am really excited because 40 inches means that... he can ride the kid rides at Disney World!! His favorite book right now is the 2008 Birnbaum's Disney World book. Jason will go through it with them, looking at the pictures and talking about the rides.
-Right now, Walker is really into the Power Rangers Jungle Fury. It is a new series that just started. He has already learned the theme song (this boy LOVES to sing), and we watch it everyday. Now, it's only on Mondays, so this means we watch the same episode everyday ALL WEEK LONG.
-He is very excited about the movie, Horton Hears A Who. He hasn't been to the theater yet, but I think that will be our first family movie trip. I love going to the movies, and have been looking forward to the time when we started going as a family.

-He really does love to sing. He learns songs really fast, I always hear him singing something under his breath. He's always singing the ABCs, and we also count from 1-20 to the same tune. His favorite songs right now is Jesus Loves The Little Children, Power Rangers Jungle Fury theme song, and Scooby Doo, Where Are You?


Lucy: She is getting to be such a big girl. Potty training is going great (I wasn't even thinking about it when Walker was this age), and she is so proud to be a "big" girl. Wednesdays are her favorite days because she goes to school and church. I teach the 2 year olds on Wednesday nights, so she is in class with me. She is nice to everybody, but she likes attention. If she does something once, and somebody laughs, get ready because she will keep doing it!
-She LOVES pink. We were at Target the other night, and walking through the women's clothes, and she would point at something and say, "I like that. It's pretty." It was ALWAYS pink. Such a girlie girl.
- She is FEARLESS. Last week, at the zoo, they have a play area that is inside. She climbed all the way to the top (I didn't even know she was OVER there) and slid down the slide. She has always liked going to the top of whatever play structure she is on, and I have to watch her because she is not calling out like most kids, "Mommy, watch me! or Mommy, help me!" She just DOES it. Part of me is SO happy, because I want a tough little girl that will play sports! But, I know our first emergency room visit will probably be because of her. You have to watch her every minute!

Comments

Anonymous said…
great post! i love reading about your family.

love you,
jojo
Rachel Kerbel said…
it is so much fun to read about everyone's personality and how they coming into their own! i let carson watch scooby-doo and he was scared of the monsters-yep! he was up that night with bad dreams...my sensitive one! we should be coming up next week! see ya
rach
Caitlin said…
I still can't believe Walker watches Power Rangers!! That's so weird to me. When I told him that I watched Power Rangers when I was little, I think I blew his mind. "You watched Power Rangers??" Rockin' it old school! GO GO POWER RANGERS! (Do they still say "Go Go Power Rangers"? Part of me would be sad if they didn't.)
we so need to get our kids together they'd have fun :)


we are planning a zoo trip this weekend barring weather issues.
Katherine said…
Oh my, the fact that Caitlin called Power Rangers old school makes me feel old!! ;)

What great and beautiful kids you have-what a blessing!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!