Friday Favorites

One of my favorite things to do as a child was read books. Babysitters Club started it all!!! My mom understood, but I used to irritate my dad and stepmom because I would ALWAYS be reading. Even if we were just going to be in the car for a few minutes, I would bring my book and read the whole way. It is something that has stayed with me, but since I became a mother, I have not had the time I once did. Right now, I have several books that I am reading. I have never done that before, because I used to finish books so fast. These are the books on my nightstand right now.

Birnbaum's 2008 Walt Disney World.
The kids favorite right now. You HAVE to read this if you are going to WDW.

Really enjoying this book. Very encouraging

Nora Roberts- just for fun, easy reads. Classic ROMANCE

love the First Lady, but AM NOT enjoying this book

This is a SMART book, with lots of good thoughts.

Mary Higgins Clark- classic suspense novels. GREATNESS!!
Favorite authors- Harlen Coben, Nora Roberts, Mary Higgins Clark

Favorite series- Myron Bolitar books by Harlen Coben

Comments

Deborah said…
You have GOT to try Fancine Rivers. I never imagined a fiction novel could be spiritually inlfuential on my life, but they are amazing! I highly recommend "Redeeming Love".
Deborah said…
Sorry, that's FRancine Rivers...

...and "inFLUential.

Gracious, I must be tired...
Caitlin said…
There was a guy in my class in high school who would always tease me because he would see me at TCU football games - reading instead of watching the game. And I'd be like, "SORRY, BUT 'SEABISCUIT' IS WAY MORE INTERESTING THAN COLLEGE GUYS TACKLING EACH OTHER."

The last good book I read was "Watchmen," which was actually a graphic novel, but I say it counts.
Maggie said…
have you read the "sisterhood of the traveling pants" series? I loved it. Made me think of us in high school.
I'm so glad you got that Positive Mom book it brings me so much encouragement!

:)
Anonymous said…
If you love the chicky kind of books try the three books by Emily Giffin. I can read them in about a day cause I just not put it down. And I think that I will try the postive parent book. I think that I might be needing it with Alex working out of town for so long.

Colleen
Kristen Ballard said…
I had never heard of Francine Rivers until several different people have mentioned it in their blogs. I have looked for her at the library, but no luck. Hopefully, I can find some at Half Price books, because I definitely want to read some of her stuff now.
I LOVED Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!! So fun, and definitely reminded me of us.
The Positive Mom book really is good. I just like how it has examples that really apply to me, and the verses and prayers really help, too.
Deborah, I didn't even notice your errors (I must be tired, too!). But, I'm not surprised AT ALL that you came back and fixed them. It's so you!!
Anonymous said…
Hi! I am a friend of Amanda Mook's- I was checking out your blog and thought you might like to know about www.shelfari.com. It lets you have a virtual bookshelf on your blog! You can check mine out on my blog. It's so fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??