Friday Favorites

I love the changing of the seasons, because it also means new recipes. In our family, we eat certain foods during certain times of the year.

Some winter favorites:
Pot Roast, Broccoli Cheese Soup, chicken pot pie, chili, cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies, buttermilk pie

Some spring/summer favorites:
Cobb Salad, chicken salad, salmon, strawberry shortcake, outside grilling by Jason, lemon poundcake

Here's a Spring Menu for you

Bibb lettuce wedges with Thousand Island dressing
Discard leaves from outside of Bibb lettuce. Slice the head in half, and then half each of those. You will have 4 wedges. Set on salad plates.

Thousand Island:
3/4 C mayonnaise
1/8 C ketchup
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
1/4 C sweet pickle relish

Starting with mayonnaise, mix all the ingredients. If it's too red, add more mayo. If it's too pink, add more ketchup. Taste and add to your liking.
Pour dressing over Bibb lettuce wedges and serve.

Sauteed Tilapia with Lemon Spaghetti

Start Spaghetti. Boil according to package directions.

Make sauce for spaghetti-
In a large bowl, whisk 2/3 cup olive oil, 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, juice from 2 lemons, 3/4 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Whisk for a minute until combined. Set the sauce aside.

When spaghetti is done, drain and add spaghetti to lemon sauce. Mix well.

Tilapia-
dry off tilapia with paper towel.
Salt and pepper tilapia
mix dry herbs of your choice in small bowl, or use a blend. I like garlic powder, basil, oregano, and thyme. But, Mrs. Dash Seasoning blends are really great (the Italian herb and garlic is wonderful for this). Sprinkle and pat the herbs on each side of tilapia
Put 1 tbsp. butter in saute pan, and add tilapia filets. They don't take long!! About 2-3 minutes per side.


La Madeleine's Strawberry Romanoff
1/2 cup sour cream
3 T brown sugar
1 T brandy

mix together sauce and pour over 2 cups whole strawberries. Store extra sauce (I always make more) in refrigerator.

Thousand Island is my favorite salad dressing, that is my mom's recipe. Lemon Spaghetti is my favorite pasta side dish, it's so easy and tastes so fresh! Strawberries Romanoff- well, it's just sooo yummy! My Dad got me that recipe.
Happy cooking!

Happy Easter, everybody! Have a great weekend with your family.


Comments

Ashley N said…
That lemon spaghetti sounds so good...I'm going to have to make it! And I LOVE La Madeline's strawberries romanoff :)
Anonymous said…
YUM. Strawberries Romanoff :)

Love You!!
Deborah said…
YUMMY!! I love changing recipes according to the seasons, but I do find that I miss soup. Every now and then, I'll get a little crazy and fix taco soup in June!

Your Easter pictures are adorable. And, I love the "fruit skewers" idea! My kids would think that was so cool.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??