Walker and Lucy's Favorites

Some of Walker's favs:
- puzzles. He got several for Christmas and does at least one a day
- Power Rangers. UGGHHH I didn't like it in the 90's when my sisters were watching it, and I don't like it now. There are about 5 different Power Ranger shows, and a new one where they are jungle animals that he is MAJOR excited about- bleck.
- Cheetos. If he sees Cheetos anywhere, he MUST have them.
- playing in the leaves. Jason blew a bunch of our backyard leaves into a big pile- WOW, did they have fun with that. Great idea, Dad!!


Some of Lucy's favs:
- her underwear. She is so excited that she has underwear like her Bubba. She is actually doing really well with potty training, this is one of Mommy's favorite things right now!! I can't believe I am so close to a no diaper house...
- Princess dress-up clothes. She got some dress up stuff for Christmas, and it is so funny to see her try to walk around in the high heels that it comes with.
-chocolate milk. This girl is NUTS about chocolate milk. She drinks it every morning, it is the first thing out of her mouth in the morning- "Mama, I want chocolate milk."


I love my kids. They are so fun, and I am very thankful for great, healthy children. We are like a little club- always together and having fun, speaking our own language!


I have made an executive decision about my blog. I used to only post when something "fun" had happened, or for Friday Favorites. I have gotten in a rut, where it is hard for me to even think of ideas to post between Friday Favorites. So, I am saying all that to say, I am going to post more often. I will not just wait until I think something is fun or cute enough to put up on the blog. I love my family, I think we are fun and cute all the time!!
On a another note (yes, I know- lots of thought today!), I have been thinking about blogging, and how it is something I would like to have record of. Has anybody thought of this? Would you, or could you, print out the pages of your blog to save for a scrapbook or something? It seems like it would be kindof expensive to print out with all the pictures and everything. I don't know, I have just been thinking about how to "preserve" the blog. I'm not sure how long I will actually do it, or how long Blogger will go on, but it would be fun to have all your random blogs and thoughts and stories. Let me know if anybody has any ideas on this topic (or a possible solution that I am not aware of).

Comments

jennifer said…
Hey girl! So I have never done this, nor have I seen one that someone had done, but there is a place that will turn your blog into a scrapbook. The link is http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook
Like I said, I know nothing about it but it looks cool! Love the leaf pictures!
Caitlin said…
When I saw that stuff about "thinking about blogging," I thought you were saying you were quitting! What a relief. I've never heard of Blurb, but I just went to the website, and WOW, I would say use that if you want to "preserve the blog." I just downloaded the software myself, haha.

Love the pictures, as always. Good luck turning over a new leaf (oh, I amuse myself) with the blogging schedule!

P.S. I just put Blood Diamond on my Netflix queue and thought of you. I'll try not to laugh at Leo's accent. :)
Rachel Kerbel said…
what a great idea about the blog into a scrapbook! i love reading yours! hope to see you guys soon...
Deborah said…
For a Christmas surprise in '06, Elizabeth's husband, Chad, compiled her "first year of blogs" into a published hardback book--pictures and all. It was incredible, but I have no idea how he did it or what it cost.
And I LOVE that you are going to blog about everyday family stuff. I need to do that more. You won't regret it, especially if you decide to do your blog-scrapbook that you're talking about.

(And you thought YOU left long comments!...)
Maggie said…
Go back to Elizabeth's old post and you can see the book Chad made. I would LOVE to know where he had it done too!
Maggie said…
I added those pics you wanted to see on my post! Wish you could come see the house in person!!!!!
Kristen Ballard said…
Thanks, friends! I checked out blurb.com, and it definitely looks promising. I also went back and looked at Elizabeth's post in '06, and her book is beautiful. I saw the word Lulu at the bottom of the book, so I searched for it, and it is some kind of publishing company.
I'm so glad there are options like that out there, and thanks for everyone's input!!!
Mags- I don't know where the big Melissa and Doug dino puzzles are from, they got them for Christmas.
Anonymous said…
i love the leaf pictures. i'm glad you put one of te pictures with good ol' jojo in it.
your pictures' quality is amazing.
i just enlarged the one with me in it and i could even see my bobby pins in mu hair!! haha. i love you kristen. what are yall doing this weekend?

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!