Some favorites and... birds?
We have found a new favorite snack in the Ballard household.
POPCORN!
Walker and Lucy LOVE popcorn, and I love the new mini bag size. It is perfect for them to share.
Walker loves to stand on the bar because he can see across the kitchen to the microwave and watch the popcorn pop. "I'm so excited!", he says.

BIRDS??
This past weekend, my Dad and Grace helped us clean out our garage. We have a HUGE garage, which can be a blessing and a curse. It's so big, you can put everything in it- and then you DO, and it's full! We have never been able to pull a car into our garage. Anyway, we got it good and cleaned out, and my car will soon have its home inside. Grace said that she saw some birds in the garage later that afternoon, and I thought, "that's weird."
Then, today I saw this:
In the right corner. It's a nest, IN MY GARAGE! Crazy... What am I going to do about that?? Bird nests are not uncommon to us. We had one on our back porch last year, and we left it alone, no big deal. But, this is in my garage??! I haven't actually seen the birds yet, but I heard them earlier. I don't want to hurt them or anything, but I want to get it out of my garage before they lay their eggs in it. GAH!
POPCORN!
Walker loves to stand on the bar because he can see across the kitchen to the microwave and watch the popcorn pop. "I'm so excited!", he says.
BIRDS??
This past weekend, my Dad and Grace helped us clean out our garage. We have a HUGE garage, which can be a blessing and a curse. It's so big, you can put everything in it- and then you DO, and it's full! We have never been able to pull a car into our garage. Anyway, we got it good and cleaned out, and my car will soon have its home inside. Grace said that she saw some birds in the garage later that afternoon, and I thought, "that's weird."
Then, today I saw this:
In the right corner. It's a nest, IN MY GARAGE! Crazy... What am I going to do about that?? Bird nests are not uncommon to us. We had one on our back porch last year, and we left it alone, no big deal. But, this is in my garage??! I haven't actually seen the birds yet, but I heard them earlier. I don't want to hurt them or anything, but I want to get it out of my garage before they lay their eggs in it. GAH!
Comments
i hate birds....
We love popcorn too!
Also, I had a feeling you would be impressed with my blogging. I am going to blog more than once a month. :)
I want to see pics of your house, too!
You just need to get some gloves (like medical gloves, cleaning gloves, whatever) and gently move it. If there are already eggs in it then there's an issue there....it looks like a dove nest, is it? If so wherever you move it they will not know and will continue to return to that spot, and most likely build another one. I don't really know what else to tell ya!
Popcorn has been a hit in our house for awhile too, especially when it's home made or from target :)
A BUILT IN WINE CHILLER?!?!?!?!?!?! Be still my JEALOUS HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)
BIRD UPDATE:
Crisis averted. Jason (wearing gloves, thanks Courtney!) took out the nest, luckily there were no eggs yet. Then, this morning I heard it in the garage. So I opened the garage door, and after a few minutes, out it flew! PHEWW!
Mags- Totally remember The Birds! I loved watching all those old scary movies at your house. Very creepy...
Denee'- Walker's birthday is a day before yours, August 16th!! Crazy...