Friday Favorites

When I was pregnant with Lucy, and found out I was having a girl, I was really excited. For many reasons, this was great news. But, I was so thrilled to have a girl so I could join the Bowhead club. Sometimes I would laugh when I would see a little girl with a really huge bow on her head, but secretly, I thought it was...awesome!

One of my favorite things about having a girl is....

The bows!!
Yes, I'm aware this is a bit of a silly post, but it's MY favorites, so...

Feb. '06

I usually get my bows at a boutique. But, as Lucy got older, and I wanted to go onto bigger bows, they got expensive. I mean, 8.99, for a bow!!! What was I to do??? They say necessity is the mother of invention. Well, I didn't invent anything, but out of necessity, I taught myself how to make bows.
Michael's has a great selection of ribbon, and a HUGE bin of clearance ribbon for $1. My favorite bows are layered with different colors, so I get some of the solid color grosgrain ribbon, and then I rummage through the clearance bin to find
some cute patterned ribbon that will match. I get out of there for less than $10, and I can make numerous bows!!
Now, I am not a creative, artsy person at all, but this really isn't hard. I read about it online, and my mother in law helped me at first. I am not a professional, I only know how to do one kind of bow, but once you do it a couple of times, you really start getting the hang of it.

Here are some of my favorite creations:

Comments

Katie McB. said…
I love bows too. When I make bows I take a lighter and melt the end of the ribbon so they don't fray. I have found myself hoping for a girl just for the bows!
Kristen Ballard said…
Thanks for the tip, KK!! You are great at this kind of stuff, you need a little girl. (But when I first found out I was pregnant again, and they would be so close together, I really wanted another boy, so they could be best friends, like you and Mags!) So, either way will be GREAT!
Caitlin said…
Those look so cool! I like the first one the best, it's like a Cinderella bow. You are SO creative! Don't be so modest.
I need you to teach me to make bows. I admit, I'm a secret admirer of bows, but I don't have any for Zoe now that she's a big girl.
Ashley N said…
My mom made tons of bows for me growing up...they were so fun! I think I've saved them to hopefully use on a girl someday.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??