Friday Favorites
I love cooking, but one of my favorite things is finding new recipes. Growing up, I remember seeing my mom tear out magazine or newspaper pages, and more recently, printing out pages from foodnetwork.com
The problem was, she put these pages in a big envelope. So, when she wanted to look for one of her recipes, she would just dump the whole thing out and hope to run across it, AND hope it wasn't torn. It drove me crazy!!!! And, it really deterred me from starting my own collection of recipes.
I have several great cookbooks that I refer to often:

But, my favorite cookbooks have to be the personal ones.
For my family wedding shower in 2001, my Dad put together a cookbook full of recipes from the Ballards, Shaws and Wrights. It has some of my favorites (my Dad's buttermilk pie and my mom's lasagna), Jason's favorites (his Granny's banana pudding), and some old family recipes (my great grandmother's Hershey Bar Cake). It is a real treasure.

Recently, I started collecting recipes and wanted to start my own notebook. My mom gave me a large 3 ring binder and 2 packages of sheet protectors. Caitlin even drew a cute Minnie chef for the front of my binder! I went a step further and bought 2 packages of tabs for making dividers. Then, came my favorite part- putting it together!!! My sisters were making such fun of me, and I did kind of feel like Monica (Friends reference), but I really loved organizing it into different sections.
Now, whenever I see something on Food Network or find something in a magazine, I can just tear or print it out, and put it in it's appropriate section- YEAH!
Really, the reason I love it is because it gets me to try new things, and learn new flavors. I love to cook, but I do need something to keep me excited about cooking everyday. So, finding new recipes is a great way to keep me interested, and keep my family happy.
Happy cooking!
The problem was, she put these pages in a big envelope. So, when she wanted to look for one of her recipes, she would just dump the whole thing out and hope to run across it, AND hope it wasn't torn. It drove me crazy!!!! And, it really deterred me from starting my own collection of recipes.
I have several great cookbooks that I refer to often:

But, my favorite cookbooks have to be the personal ones.Recently, I started collecting recipes and wanted to start my own notebook. My mom gave me a large 3 ring binder and 2 packages of sheet protectors. Caitlin even drew a cute Minnie chef for the front of my binder! I went a step further and bought 2 packages of tabs for making dividers. Then, came my favorite part- putting it together!!! My sisters were making such fun of me, and I did kind of feel like Monica (Friends reference), but I really loved organizing it into different sections.
Really, the reason I love it is because it gets me to try new things, and learn new flavors. I love to cook, but I do need something to keep me excited about cooking everyday. So, finding new recipes is a great way to keep me interested, and keep my family happy.
Happy cooking!
Comments
I'd say your husband said it all in his comment--you must be a great cook!