An Evening with Walker and Lucy
Jason was working late tonight, so it was just us 3 tonight. I don't usually pay attention (read: remember) what crazy things my kids say, mostly because between the two of them, there is so much crazy stuff being said, I would just have to be sitting with a paper and a pen to catch it all, and because in my old age, I am having trouble remembering everything correctly!! Well, tonight, they just seemed to be on, and some of my favorite posts of my blog friends are those conversations that you have with your children or things you overhear. It's classic!
Here are some things that my wonderful children were doing/saying tonight:
I am engrossed in my earlier blog, Jim Jammer Day, while the children are enjoying their snack. I look over at them, and exclaim: What are you doing? Lucy- "I'm coloring Daisy! Look, she's pink!" Indeed, Lucy. Pink, she was- from Lucy's YOGURT!
Walker and Lucy ran over to me saying: "We did it!" "We did it!" I went over to see, (only half worried!!) and they had this puzzle 100% finished. Walker usually wants me over there with him when he does it, it has been one of his favorite things the past two weeks, and they have both gotten pretty good at it, but they have never completed it themselves. Go kids!

Walker: "Mama, can you help me put these on?" And he comes out with my brown high-heeled tall boots...
Walker: He had just been watching a couple of minutes of Power Rangers. "Mama, I don't like the bad guys. I want to be a Power Ranger for Halloween." What color, Walker? "Blue. And you are pink, and Peepaw (my dad- can you picture my dad in a Power Ranger costume??) is black, and Lucy is yellow."
Fixing the kids dinner tonight, Walker said: "Mama, you are good at fixing dinner." What masterpiece had I made for my children? Carrots, ranch dip, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and milk. I know, I know. You are all amazed at the menu. Hey, Jason wasn't coming home for dinner, so I took the night off.
Putting Lucy's jim jammers on her: "Wow, I'm cool."
Me: Lucy, why are you crumbling up your cookie? Lucy: "I'm trying to get this part. The good part" It was a chocolate chip cookie with a Hershey's Kiss in the middle. Cookie was crumbled everywhere, and her mouth was covered in chocolate from "the good part", the Hershey's Kiss.
Here are some things that my wonderful children were doing/saying tonight:
I am engrossed in my earlier blog, Jim Jammer Day, while the children are enjoying their snack. I look over at them, and exclaim: What are you doing? Lucy- "I'm coloring Daisy! Look, she's pink!" Indeed, Lucy. Pink, she was- from Lucy's YOGURT!
Walker and Lucy ran over to me saying: "We did it!" "We did it!" I went over to see, (only half worried!!) and they had this puzzle 100% finished. Walker usually wants me over there with him when he does it, it has been one of his favorite things the past two weeks, and they have both gotten pretty good at it, but they have never completed it themselves. Go kids!
Walker: "Mama, can you help me put these on?" And he comes out with my brown high-heeled tall boots...
Walker: He had just been watching a couple of minutes of Power Rangers. "Mama, I don't like the bad guys. I want to be a Power Ranger for Halloween." What color, Walker? "Blue. And you are pink, and Peepaw (my dad- can you picture my dad in a Power Ranger costume??) is black, and Lucy is yellow."
Fixing the kids dinner tonight, Walker said: "Mama, you are good at fixing dinner." What masterpiece had I made for my children? Carrots, ranch dip, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and milk. I know, I know. You are all amazed at the menu. Hey, Jason wasn't coming home for dinner, so I took the night off.
Putting Lucy's jim jammers on her: "Wow, I'm cool."
Me: Lucy, why are you crumbling up your cookie? Lucy: "I'm trying to get this part. The good part" It was a chocolate chip cookie with a Hershey's Kiss in the middle. Cookie was crumbled everywhere, and her mouth was covered in chocolate from "the good part", the Hershey's Kiss.
Comments
i love you.
By the way you have mentioned ranch dip in your last few posts and I was meaning to tell you that the first time I ever had ranch dip was at your birthday party in the 7th grade. I ate so much I got sick... too much diary.