Why I love AFTER Christmas

Yes, Christmas is over. I certainly understand why some people get the "blues" after the holidays. It is such a build up, especially for us this year with the kids understanding and participating more than ever. After Christmas Day, what else is there to look forward to??
But, I have really come to enjoy the few days after Christmas. Seriously...

1. The kids are great!! They are so absorbed with their new toys, they play all day, AND play great together. As soon as they get up in the morning, they run right into the living room or Lucy's room (where the Princess kitchen is), and start playing all over again. I really appreciate this because...
2. ORGANIZING time!!! We brought home SO much stuff, and I said, "Before we start undoing all the bags and put the new things away, let's go through the old things." So, I got to go through the kids rooms and our closet with a Donate bag and a Trash bag, and make some room for the new stuff!!
3. More naps!!! Walker doesn't take naps anymore, but we have been so busy that the days we are home, he crashes and Jason and I get a little extra peace and quiet.
4. After Christmas Clearance- What great deals!! We went to the store today, and it is so fun to go down the Christmas aisles, and see what is left. They had 7 1/2 ft. Christmas trees for $50, big outside decorations for $10, and little stuff like gift tags for 25 cents! I always say I want to set aside some money to do some after Christmas shopping, but it never quite works out that way!! Regardless, it is still fun to look and you never know what you might find.
5. Jason is on vacation- STILL!! He always tries to get some vacation around Christmastime, and it is so wonderful to have him home, to help and just to hang out more. He told Walker that he is going back to work tomorrow, and poor bubba got pretty sad. He has really enjoyed his Daddy time. He is still talking about the day they drove out to Cabela's and ran errands, just the two of them.
Taken after they got home from "Boys Day"
6. After Christmas traditions- College Football Bowl Games!! Every year, on Jan. 1, we spend all day at my mom's, watching the Bowl games. We do our picks, and that always adds a little extra fun to it. Sydney will pick a team just because Jason doesn't like it, Jason will pick whoever OU is playing just to aggravate my mom- it is just fun.
7. It means our anniversary is coming. January 12!

Happy New Year!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I picked Tennessee, and they won!
thanks jason for your reasonless hate!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!