It's Christmas time, y'all!

Today, the kids and I went to "Christmas at the Stockyards". We have never done it before. I get an email once a week from Go City Kids about events happening in our area. This was one of the picks of the week, and it was FREE, so we went! The kids had a blast. There were animals, a Cowboy Santa, and pony rides!!
One good thing about getting out of the baby stage and into the toddler/preschool stage, is that you can do more with your kids, and they understand more. It is so fun to take them places and just watch their reactions-and then talk to them about it afterwards.

They bring so much joy into my life. We had a great day.

Cowgirl Lucy

Walker trying to "rope" a chicken!!

A second before the picture took, that goat was pretty close. She thought is was funny, though. After I get my new camera for Christmas, I won't miss those moments!!!!

Merry Christmas, y'all!!
(hooray for no freak-outs this year!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
SOO CUTE!! it turns out dad didn't have anything planned, so i could have come over today. oh well.
love you guys. glad the kids had fun.
Caitlin said…
That's so cool! I didn't know there was anything like that at the Stockyards. As soon as I read "cowboy Santa," I thought, ohhh no...But then I saw the picture at the end and laughed. No freak-outs!
Ashley C. said…
Do they do this only once??
Kristen Ballard said…
Yes, it was only this past Saturday. They will have Cowboy Santa out there for the rest of the Saturdays in December, but the whole thing with all the animals was just last Sat.
Maggie said…
man that does look fun, i wish we had more fun stuff here.hfybp
Katherine said…
How fun-your kids are absolutely adorable!! :)

Yay for being a recent Nascar convert!! That is great-Jimmie and Carl are my favorites, too-how funny! Jimmie has always been my favorite, but I have also adopted Carl within the last few years-I just love his smile and when he does his backflips!! I wish I had some great story like I ran out on pit road...but really there was a model car of Jimmie's, and I took a picture by it! ;)

Mary Kay has been fun so far-I hope that it goes well, and am really hoping it opens doors to minister. Thank you for your encouragement-I greatly appreciate it, and really need to hear that about now. This has been an interesting journey for sure...

Hope you are having a great week! :)
Daley said…
looks like you had so much fun. I looked that up for something for us to do while we were staying at my moms but we didn't get around to it. hopefully next year we can make it. Lucy looks like she is a pro on the horse.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!