Is It Christmas Day Yet?

This is the question I get every morning!

My poor children. They understand just enough to be excited about Christmas, but not enough to get why it isn't HERE YET. I keep telling them, "It's Christmas Time, not Christmas Day." We have alot of things we do leading up to Christmas and I am trying to keep those things exciting, so they realize it is STILL not Christmas Day. Since my Dad is letting me keep his camera until I get my AWESOME new one for Christmas, I have been able to take pictures of everything we do! I missed having a camera so much... ANYWAY, like I said, there are several things we do leading up to Christmas Eve and Day. We do the house decorations (check), Christmas cards (check), we cook lemon pound cakes for the neighbors (check), we go to the Fort Worth Club for their Christmas brunch (my personal favorite, and check), we decorate my mom's tree with them (tonight), and we drive around looking at Christmas lights (with Peepaw and GG on the 23rd). So there is lots to do before we can get to the presents, but we have been talking about it SO long now, I'm sure my children are beginning to believe we have made this whole "Christmas Day" myth up.

We did the poundcakes on Saturday. Mainly because it was too cold to be outside and it was too busy at the mall to finish our Christmas shopping. They love to help me bake, and there is not alot they can REALLY do, but I try to give them one job each if I can. When we made lemon poundcakes for the neighbors (a tradition I stole from my mom), they were very adamant about helping.

Walker has found his favorite job is cracking the eggs
He helped me stir the lemon jello, too.
Lucy helped by pouring the cake mix into the bowl.
Ready for the "special Christmas lunch" at the Fort Worth Club

They talked to Santa, again. I guess he's not so bad after all!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kris, I have been a terrible blogger, but I have read up on all of your previous posts. I love all of them! Your kids look so cute for the FWC. Hope ya'll have a wonderful Holiday!
Caitlin said…
Awesome pictures! Did Walker really crack the eggs all by himself? What a great helper!! And I thought they both looked precious on Sunday, I don't care what "the girls" said!
Anonymous said…
they were both presh. i dont know what came over me. i think its just the idea of velvet shorts that makes me giggle. and most of the laugh was just us laughing at walker for being so hyper and running around with all those old people around.
Maggie said…
cute pics. i need to do something for my neighbors.
Deborah said…
My Caleb (almost 4) still doesn't understand the whole "Christmas time vs Christmas Day" concept either. I think it's so funny to listen to Joshua (6) try and explain it to him, then get so frustrated because Caleb doesn't "get it." Yours will be doing that very thing before too long!

I love your blog!!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??