Friday Favorites

Merry Christmas from the Ballards

Random Christmas favorites:

Favorite Christmas song- O, Holy Night; We Three Kings; O, Come All Ye Faithful

Favorite kid friendly Christmas Song- Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Favorite food to eat at Christmas- Gingerbread, with a big glass of iced cold whole milk

Favorite thing we got for the kids- W: Meet The Robinsons figures
L: Princess sheets for her bed

What I am most looking forward to- seeing Jason's mom open her gift, seeing Jason open his gifts, watching the kids Christmas morning see the plate with half eaten cookies and finally saying, "It's CHRISTMAS DAY!!!"

Favorite Christmas presents I have received- my black Kate Spade from Mom- I was so SHOCKED, my sapphire earrings to go with my engagement ring from Jason

Favorite Christmas activity this year- making lemon poundcakes with the kids, Christmas at the Stockyards

Doing anything different this year? I want to celebrate Jesus' birthday somehow. We get back home after a full day of presents, and we don't really have a nighttime "thing" we do. I would like to take that time to celebrate Jesus. I have not come up with my "grand plan" yet, but I just want to make sure it is mentioned and we do acknowledge it somehow...

Favorite Christmas pictures from past Christmases-

2004
I wasn't very good with the camera, but I thought this was a cute idea.
2005
This was, literally, one of her first smiles, and I just happened to click at the right time.
2006
Walker, eating a Christmas Tree cake at 9 in the morning, because Gran "doesn't say no".

2007
LOVE IT!! The quality is not the best or this would have been the Christmas card, for sure.

Comments

Anonymous said…
this was so cute.
i totally remember waker eating that cake. that was hilarious. I'm surprised you didn't post the picture from last Christmas of Lucy so sick, since thats one of your favorite pictures of all time. Haha. just kidding. i love you K.
Anonymous said…
Baby Jesus in a Blanket. Just like you had in Bible Class. Expect make sure you have Streamers, balloons,and a cake.

Colleen
Deborah said…
We have done several different things the last few years. Once, we read the story of the ten lepers (I know, it sounds weird) and how only one of them came back to say "thank you" to Jesus. We talked about how we need to thank God for Jesus every day, but Christmas Day is a time when a lot of the world thinks about Him, so we should too.

My sister started a tradition of having a "Happy Birthday Jesus" party, complete with cake, candles, the birthday song, and a reading from the Gospels about His birth. The kids LOVED it. It was fun telling them that because Jesus had a birthday, we ALL got a special present--eternal life.

Merry Christmas to your sweet family. I hope this Christmas is all you hope it will be!!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!