Friday Favorites
It is getting closer! While Christmas Eve and Christmas Day is absolutely spectacular, I really enjoy these two weeks or so leading up to it. There is anticipation, excitement, stress, so many things going on! I realized several years ago, how much fun these weeks are, and to enjoy this time as much as I enjoy the 2 days of presents on the 24th and 25th. I love figuring out what to get everybody- it is SO great when you find something that you just know the person is going to love, but it wasn't even on their list, or when you find a good deal! I like knowing some of what my family is getting, but it is fun to be surprised a little, too.
We decorated our house the weekend after Thanksgiving. I like to get it up early, so we can enjoy it for a couple of weeks. I really love our tree, with some childhood ornaments that Jason's mom shared with us, lots of Disney ornaments, and ornaments from everywhere we have traveled and everywhere our family has been, as well. While my tree is really wonderful, and the funnest part of decorating the house, it comes a close second to
my favorite Christmas decoration.....
We decorated our house the weekend after Thanksgiving. I like to get it up early, so we can enjoy it for a couple of weeks. I really love our tree, with some childhood ornaments that Jason's mom shared with us, lots of Disney ornaments, and ornaments from everywhere we have traveled and everywhere our family has been, as well. While my tree is really wonderful, and the funnest part of decorating the house, it comes a close second to
my favorite Christmas decoration.....
Our Advent Calendar

I got it as a wedding present at my Altamesa shower (from Sherry Campbell, no less). I thought it was cute and was excited to have something to decorate the apartment with. But, as the years go on, it has become my favorite house decoration. Everything fun usually happens ON Christmas, or right before. Well, I get this baby up, and I have something fun to do EVERYDAY! All the characters are up on the tree, and starting Dec. 1, I take one off and put it in the corresponding number. I have certain characters saved for certain days: the Santa, Rudolph, church and snowman always go in the last 4 spots.
It is just fun, and I can't wait until the kids can help me with it, and understand the concept.
Merry Christmas, everyone!
It is just fun, and I can't wait until the kids can help me with it, and understand the concept.
Merry Christmas, everyone!
Comments