Friday Favorites
Thanksgiving is next week and that has me thinking about two things- family and food. Two great things, and I am very attached to both.
My favorite food group is the bread group. Not just because of rolls, but that was almost always my favorite part of dinner when I was a kid. But cereal is one of my favorite things to eat, and is often times my "default" lunch or dinner if I can't think of anything else.

My favorite dinner is "Breakfast for dinner". This was the BEST when I was a kid. My dad did it often, and I always loved it. My husband is not such a fan of this, but sometimes when he is working late at the bank, the kids and I do it. Keeping the tradition alive!
Favorite Thanksgiving food- My mom's dressing (a corner piece so it is more crunchy) with gravy on top. My Dad's sweet potatoes!
My favorite thing about my family is that we are all the most important thing to each other. My mother and I have always been close. We talk several times a week, and I love that. My Daddy lives next door and I see him at least once a week as well. Jason's parents live about 10 minutes away, and the kids will let us know when they need their Nana and Papa.
Our weekends are mostly filled with family-oriented engagements, and I love it that way. I talk to my sister at OU everyday through the wonder that is blogging. My youngest sister will make mom drive her to our house to spend time with us if she misses us.

Favorite thing to look forward to- Shaw family summer vacation. We go somewhere together every summer. I treasure these trips- we make so many great memories!

Some of my favorite memories are spending weekends with my Granny and Gramps in this house that my family now lives. I take full advantage of my family living nearby.
I want my kids to have lots of memories that include their grandparents, all 6 of them. So, instead of having a ton of friends and staying busy that way, we spend time with our family. Sometimes, I do wish we had more friends to do stuff with. But, I know we are SO blessed to have our family so close, and I am so thankful for that. I know I am very lucky.
Favorite thing about next week- Having the WHOLE week off!!!
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. I hope you have a great week filled with lots of yummy food, and family. Love to you all!
My favorite food group is the bread group. Not just because of rolls, but that was almost always my favorite part of dinner when I was a kid. But cereal is one of my favorite things to eat, and is often times my "default" lunch or dinner if I can't think of anything else.


My favorite dinner is "Breakfast for dinner". This was the BEST when I was a kid. My dad did it often, and I always loved it. My husband is not such a fan of this, but sometimes when he is working late at the bank, the kids and I do it. Keeping the tradition alive!
Favorite Thanksgiving food- My mom's dressing (a corner piece so it is more crunchy) with gravy on top. My Dad's sweet potatoes!My favorite thing about my family is that we are all the most important thing to each other. My mother and I have always been close. We talk several times a week, and I love that. My Daddy lives next door and I see him at least once a week as well. Jason's parents live about 10 minutes away, and the kids will let us know when they need their Nana and Papa.

Some of my favorite memories are spending weekends with my Granny and Gramps in this house that my family now lives. I take full advantage of my family living nearby.
Favorite thing about next week- Having the WHOLE week off!!!
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. I hope you have a great week filled with lots of yummy food, and family. Love to you all!
Comments
And I LOVE your house (at least what I've seen of it) and I think it's doubly awesome that it's a family house....so cool :)
Since our kiddos are about the same age, and we live in town...we should get them together to play! Zoe always looks forward to making new friends (Daniel does too, but he's more of the dominant sort!)
I read your blog alot and have tried to leave comments several times. I can't get it to work for some reason!!! I don't know what the deal is, but I would love to get the kids together and catch up!! We have alot of girls around, so Walker always loves playing with boys!!
To everyone else-
Thank you for reading and leaving comments. I like making up the posts, but my favorite part is opening my dashboard and checking for your great comments!!
Love you all!
I love homemade yeast rolls too. In fact, I volunteered to make them for Joshua's "Thanksgiving Feast" at school, just because I'm going to be there eating and I wanted to have my rolls!!