Weekend Trip to Glen Rose

This past weekend, we went to Glen Rose with my Dad and Grace. Glen Rose is just past Cleburne, about 1 hr to 1 hr and a half away. We went to Dinosaur Valley State Park on Friday and Fossil Rim on Saturday, on one of those guided tours in the "zookeeper's car", as Walker called it. As I have mentioned before, my kids LOVE animals, so they were excited to see all this, and we got some great pics. We also had some of the best chicken fried steak and blackberry cobbler EVER!!! Thanks, Peepaw and GG, for a great weekend!

Walker with the T-Rex and Brachiosaurus at Dinosaur Valley State Park


GG, Lucy, Peepaw and Walker


Lucy with a goat at Fossil Rim


Before the Big Adventure! Lucy and Daddy


Feeding the giraffes (this one is Beanpole)


Lucy with HER Beanpole


Lucy feeding the giraffes- they were so friendly, but their tongues were freakishly long!!!




My cutie pies:

Comments

Deborah said…
Your kids are so brave. My kids would have freaked out being that close to a giraffe head! I love Fossil Rim and I remember that being one of our first "Root Family Outings" when we moved to FW.
Caitlin said…
I don't know why my last comment didn't work, but I'll try to remember what I said...Um, your kids are cute, that's probably about all I said! I went to Fossil Rim once, but I didn't get to get that close to a giraffe, I'm a little jealous. I bet the kids loved all the animals and dinosaur stuff!
jennifer said…
Kristen, This is Jennifer (Guess) Rigoulot from SCS! Funny that we ran into each other downtown a few months ago and now I stumbled across your blog...I am not sure how though. Wanted to say hi again! Love the pictures of your kiddos...they are cute! We have a blog too! Check it out!
your daughter looks JUST LIKE YOU!!
Maggie said…
that looks so fun! how far is that place from ft. worth? My kids would love that :)

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!