One of my Favorite Things...and it's FREE!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This is a magazine that is put out by Kraft Foods. It comes out quarterly (as a new season begins). IT IS FREE. I love this magazine. I feel like I am getting something I shouldn't be getting, like eventually they will realize they should be charging people for this. It has great recipes, that are quick and easy, and you can also sign up for weekly emails. I hate to sound like a commercial from Kraft, I have no ties to that brand but I love what they are doing, but they also send me coupons throughout the year for new products to try.

I love to cook, but I really love finding new recipes and trying new stuff. This is a fun and easy (and cheap) way to do both. This last week, I made the Easy Italian Stew from this last issue, and it was GREAT!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
EASY ITALIAN STEW*
2 Tbsp. KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen stir-fry vegetables (white onions and sliced green, red and yellow peppers)
1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese

HEAT dressing in large saucepan on medium heat. Add sausage; cook 8 to 10 min. or until cooked through, stirring occasionally to break sausage into small pieces.
ADD broth, stir-fry vegetables, beans and tomatoes; bring to boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 8 to 10 min. or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally.
LADLE into eight serving bowls. Top evenly with cheese. Serve with RITZ Crackers.

*My notes- I used whatever frozen veggies I had on hand, and I used a less chicken broth than it said, I wanted it more stew-like than soup-like. I also baked my Ritz crackers in the oven for a couple of minutes (3-4) to get them warm and toasty. Enjoy!

**Go to kraftfoods.com and join (it's all free).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi, Kristen, I too love this free magazine. You may remember how I love to cook too! It's good to catch up with you on your blog. Your pictures are wonderful. You haven't changed a bit! You are still as cute as ever. :)
Kristen Ballard said…
I do remember good cooking at the Root house!!! I make your poppyseed chicken all the time (about every other week!!). Thanks for checking in on us. I love seeing what your wonderful family is up to as well.
Caitlin said…
Yay, food blogging! I hope you do lots of posts with recipes and tips. That would be a great read. I'm sure you've told me about this magazine before, but I can't remember. It sounds great! How do you subscribe? Is there a website or something?
Kristen Ballard said…
As it says IN THE POST, got to kraftfoods.com and sign up. Then you can sign up for the magazine as well as emails.
Caitlin said…
OK!! Jeez!! Haha, sorry, I didn't see it.
Kristen Ballard said…
No problem. I tried to attach a link in the post, but I am not yet blog savvy. I know that would have been easier. How do you do that like in all your posts where the words are underlined and take you to another link??
Maggie said…
such cute pics of your mom! Happy Birthday Jill :)

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

What's so great about living out in the country??

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!