It Takes A Village...

...to care for 2 toddlers when their mom gets a bad case of the flu.

I have frequently talked about how our family all live close and we see them all the time. Well, this was definitely one of those times that I realize why I love them all so much. Tuesday, my mom took off work to be with us at home. That evening, Jason was working late for a special event there branch was putting on, so Jason's parents picked up the kids and kept them at their house. They even fed them dinner and gave them a bath!! Wednesday, my dad took the kids to school so I could go to the doctor. He also picked them up, and then kept them through dinnertime, so I could continue to rest. Jason is taking a sick day today to be with us.

I just HAD to brag on my incredible family. I think as soon as you become a mom, you should automatically become immune to EVERYTHING. But, if God won't do that, at least he gave me a caring, considerate family that comes together when they are needed.

Comments

Maggie said…
so sorry you are still sick! you are very belssed to be so close to family- I am jealous.
Anonymous said…
I can't believe you have the flu!!! So sorry! That is great that your family can help you out!! I hope you feel better, sleep is the best medicine!!!
Anonymous said…
I tried to come visit you, but i can't drive myself there, so it didn't happen.

Actually, no one got sent home from the retreat this year. The only thing that happened was that some sophmore boys made a hole in the wall playing football.

the concert is tomorrow. have fun at you bonfire.

i love you.
and miss you!
Maggie said…
okay, show us your "Favorite things"...
Rachel Kerbel said…
your family is awesome! i wish i were closer to help-i would bring you dinner! i know you feel bad, and i am sorry. i'll pray for a speedy recovery-the flu is a bugger! i wish i were closer to family too!
rach
Caitlin said…
I wish I was back home so I could help take care of you too!!! I really hope you start feeling better. I've never had the flu, but what I've heard about it...ugh! Get well soon!
Deborah said…
What a fabulous blessing to have family so close--and available--to help. I hope you get better REALLY soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??