Good News, Bad News

The Bad News- Walker doesn't take naps anymore. As any mom of young kids will tell you, this is a very important part of your day, especially to help keep your sanity. Sleep has always been VERY important for Walker. If he didn't get enough, everybody paid for it all day. But, he was a night owl. So, we have never been on a good schedule for him. If he's tired, he will take a long nap and then he doesn't go to sleep until late because he's not tired from the big nap he took!! A terrible cycle, I know.

The Good News- Walker is asleep, in HIS bed, by 8:15 every night. No fights, no fits, no crying. Lucy goes to bed between 7:45-8:00 (she has always had a schedule and sticks to it), and now, Walker goes to bed right after her. He tells his Daddy goodnight, and then I take him to his room. We pray, sing and I walk out the door. He goes right to sleep with no problem and now Mommy has some time to unwind... and watch Grey's Anatomy, of course.

So, overall, I will take the no nap, going straight to bed routine.

The even better news is how it has affected Walker during the day. Miraculously, he had no time-outs in school last week, and is a much happier boy! Makes me feel bad for not making this happen sooner, but hindsight is 20/20.

Comments

Maggie said…
We qiut putting Maisy down for her nap when she was 21 months old and it made our lives so much easier... we went to rest time, where she had to lay down and look at books or watch a movie so I still got some time to do my stuff. I will be really sad when Weaver stop his nap though.

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??