Friday Favorites

Every Friday I will post about something that is my favorite. I am leaving it pretty open for interpretation, so I will always be able to come up with ideas. It might be a recipe, a top 5 list of my favorite (fill-in-the-blank), whatever. Any ideas are welcome as well!!

MY FAVORITE........

season is fall. Why do I love fall?
1. Even in Texas, where the weather is crazy, the weather is lovely. It feels so great outside, and it looks so pretty, too. I love the colors of fall- the reds, oranges, and browns. The leaves changing, it looks crisp and just makes me want to be outside, sitting on a blanket, reading a book.
2. I also love the clothes. Long sleeved shirts, jeans, sweaters- fall clothes are the best, because your not all bundled and uncomfortable like sometimes when it's really cold outside, and your not self conscience like in summer clothes!!!
3. Fall food and spices. I love pumpkin anything! The spices like cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg- they have the best aroma. And, I get to start making some of my favorite recipes- pot roast, broccoli cheese soup, beef stew with buttered egg noodles (ohh, this is sooo good, I will definitely share in a future post!), my mom's chili, and my pilgrim pies (2 big soft pumpkin cookies with cream cheese icing in between- OH MY GOODNESS, they should be illegal). I love the comfort food.
4. Fall sports!! Football is by far my favorite to watch, and I have gotten more into college and NFL in the recent years. And, basketball is getting started. Basketball will always hold a special place in my heart, since it was my favorite to play, and I know more about it than football. Football is great to watch and I feel like I am knowlegable, but don't ask me to break down the 3-4 defense or the nickel or whatever. But, basketball, I can watch and know what the defense is doing, and understand what plays they are running. Plus, the Cowboys rock with Romo and the this is the year for the Mavs, I just know it!!!!!

The weather has been gorgeous and HOOORAH...the swingset is finished!! My Dad ordered the stuff to put together a swingset for the kids birthday LAST year. It has been a serious project. Jason and my Dad have worked hard and it finally got finished last week- and it couldn't be better timing! It feels great outside. Everyday, the kids want to go out there. My arms are getting a serious workout from all the pushing on the swings! Thanks Daddy and Peepaw- we LOVE it!!!!!!!!


Swinging is great!




Couldn't you just FALL in love with these lovies??

Comments

Caitlin said…
Ohh, look at the little lovieeees! I agree with everything in this post! Fall is the best. I can't wait to get home for Thanksgiving and eat all that great food. Yummm!
Maggie said…
man those are some BIG pumpkins... your kids are so cute together.
Anonymous said…
I've already fallen for your children. i haven't even seen the swingset since its been finished!! i miss yall!

love you,
jojo
Anonymous said…
Great list! Look forward to more of your favorites. I like #3, I am all about the holiday food! Yum, its apple pie time!
Anonymous said…
I just noticed that Lucy lost a shoe in the last picture. hehe.
Deborah said…
I MUST have the recipe for the "Pilgrim Pies"!!! Sounds like my kids of dessert.
Daley said…
Great idea! Will be looking forward to Friday readings!
Anonymous said…
You must send the Pilgrim Pies to Ark School..I love anything pumpkin

Colleen

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Family Weekend

Happy Spring Break to Walker and Lucy!!

What's so great about living out in the country??